Chapter 54

On the second day of exam, early in the morning, Beamer is seated with Zino in the school's garden talking about wanting to make amends with Stephanie.

Beamer met Zino for advice giving to the fact Zino helped him ask her out, Beamer didn't go into details of what happened between him and Stephanie, he just summed it up to "I fucked up big time".

In the middle of Zino's advice, Jason sits beside Beamer, placing Beamer in the middle of Jason and Zino, they immediately ask Jason "how far?". Jason didn't want to interrupt so he asked them to finish their convo before they get to him.

Zino shortened what he had to say because of Jason, Beamer left to go look for Stephanie since Jason was there for Zino.

"How far you and Malvin?" Jason moved closer to Zino after Beamer left.

"We were in guard room together yesterday" Zino responded.

"He was with you? Wow he didn't even mention anything... "

Jason proceeded to ask Zino codedly if he liked Malvin, Zino's response was "I don't know what I like abeg... Like why can't my prick stand for woman?" Zino asked himself.

Jason tried explaining it's OK, telling him to fight the internalized homophobia, Zino could barely grab the words he used but he understood the premise. Shortly after, they both go to class for their exams.

The school's librarian was the invigilator for SSS3 science class due to shortage of staff, she was chill, she wanted to leave as quick as possible so she started sharing their papers before everyone was inside.

Zuriel managed to get her hands on Mathematics question paper before she entered, She used photomaths to solve all the theory she possibly could within that time.

Beamer quit looking for Stephanie and decided to copy Zuriel's dubs before going back to class.

The two of them were the last to enter, the librarian asked them to sit in front but on different rows cause she knew they had dubs on them.

The librarian left the class to answer a call for about 30 minutes, this caused chaos in the class, Every SSS3 student was calling Zuriel but she answered noone except Malvin.

Jason and Timi were frustrated cause the other day, they gave her dubs but now she's ignoring them, Jason didn't call again after she snubbed him twice, Timi still needed help but it started getting embarrassing cause Juniors were there. Moyo didn't bother calling her cause her sister Tope was watching and she knew full well she won't get a response from Zuriel.

Beamer finished first in the whole class but the librarian kept him waiting, Beamer was let to go after Zuriel and two other people finished.

Beamer saw Chika standing in the hallway of SSS2 block from afar on his way there "is Stephanie inside?" Beamer shouted from downstairs.

Chika looked into his class and back at him and said "No" Stephanie asked him to lie cause she was avoiding Beamer.

Beamer went to the garden after school hoping he'd see Stephanie walk by if he hangs around there for some time. Jason and Timi stopped by the garden and sat opposite him.

"You! nice one! You just left without giving anyone dubs" Timi told Beamer.

"I thought Zuriel gave you guys dubs... That's why" Beamer said.

"Zuriel that was snubbing everybody... If it's her now, she'd start biting us" Jason said.

Timi tried defending Beamer "I don't even blame you... You were in front of the other row.. But Zuriel that was in front of our row was acting like she cannot hear us...Yesterday when we were in front-" Jason signaled Timi to shut up when he saw Zuriel coming.

"I didn't know you guys were calling me... Many people called me.. I didn't think you needed my help..." Zuriel knew they were talking about her.

Jason and Timi knew there was no need challenging Zuriel cause they'd ultimately loose, so they made themselves believe what she said.

Malvin came with papers in his hand just before Zuriel left for home. "Guys I'm with your scripts"

They assumed it was the papers they had yesterday, but it was the Mathematics for today. Malvin shared their scripts for them to see "How does you mother mark scripts so fast?" Malvin asked Jason after giving him his script.

"My mother is a witch...I'm not even joking" Jason smiled when he saw his score "Zuriel what did you get?"

"62, it was theory that helped me...what of you?" Zuriel showed her script.

"Jason got 57, Timi got 54, Beamer got 61, Steph and Moyo got 53 and I got 56" Malvin mentioned the group's scores. Everyone was angry that Malvin said their scores out loud but didn't no one mentioned it.

"Where's Stephanie and Moyo anyways?.... I want to give them their scripts" Malvin said before leaving.

Stephanie was still in SSS2 block hiding, she asked Chika to go look for Beamer to check if the coast is clear. Chika ran into Pascal who he was also avoiding on his way to the garden.

"You can't keep ignoring me forever" Pascal stopped him

"I could if I want to.. But I don't want to" Chika boasted.

Pascal promised to ask him next time he wants to try anything like that, Chika accepted his apology and left to go tell Stephanie he didn't see Beamer, he was too scared to actually go to SSS3 block so he stopped at garden.

Jason was so upset about what Zuriel did he needed someone to talk to about it when he got home, so he contacted his LGM from the comfort of his bed.

"It's been a while... Wanted to know if u r ok... the last time u texted and just went offline... U haven't replied since then... Lmao... Anyways... A friend of mine... Zuriel... You know the short fair girl I told u abt... She's been acting pretty weird lately... And it's annoying... Timi suspects she knows something but it's probably just Zuriel being cranky... I guess" Jason pressed send after typing.

Jason's mum knocked on his door before entering, something she always does to respect his privacy, she got in and started arranging everything that was out of place while talking to Jason "how was exams today?" She asked knowing what he got.

"I got 57 in maths" Jason went straight to the point

"I know! I'm the one who marked it... And Zuriel got 62....what happened? How did she pass you?"

"I don't know mummy... "Jason stood up to leave.

"If there's anything going on, you can tell me.... " she stopped him.

Jason shaked his head insinuating nothing was going on and left for the parlor.