Chapter 61

Pascal, Malik, Jason, Timi, Stephanie, Zuriel, Malvin, Moyo and Tope visited Chika's home after the assembly. The place was filled with Neighbors consoling Chika's mother who was in tears.

They were asked not to go to Chika's room cause it was an active crime scene but they still went upstairs either ways, Moyo couldn't enter the room because of the blood, she was a hemophobe; she couldn't look at that much blood. The only reason she came was because her sister was best friends with Chika.

"Wait... What exactly happened?" Jason asked Pascal the question on everyone else's mind when they got in the room.

Pascal exhaled before narrating really fast with tears in his eyes "I came to his house so we could go to school together... When I got here the gate was opened so I thought maybe he left it open for me to come in, I was shouting his name nobody answered then I started seeing blood and I started panicking I didn't know what to do... When I entered his room... I saw him on the floor not breathing, I got really scared and started screaming for help... Then one of his neighbors came and helped carried his body... We drove to the hospital...by the time we got there, he had already passed away....they called his parents after...I think his daddy is still in the hospital sef... It was him who asked his neighbor to drop me off at school cause I couldn't go home...as per my parents went to work after I left and I wasn't with house key....."

"Calm down! Calm down....." Tope urged Pascal to calm down and breathe "Why is your vest covered in blood but not your shirt?" Tope asked.

"This isn't my shirt...mine was stained with blood so I borrowed one of Chika's shirt but it was too tight...that's why I didn't button it... " Pascal explained.

Jason sat on Chika's bed sobbing, the pain was too much for him to bear, Malvin gave Timi a look telling him to go console Jason.

"It's OK! it's OK!" Timi sat beside Jason and patted him on the back.

"What kind of person would do this?" Jason raised his head up still sobbing and looked at him. Timi wasn't much of a speech giver so he couldn't come up with much to say.

Jason was mesmerized by the little Timi had to say, he stared at his lips then into his eyes, about to kiss him, almost forgetting their friends were right behind them watching.

Zuriel walking out in anger brought Jason down to earth, Stephanie went after her.

"I need to go apologize to Moyo" Timi told Jason before leaving him with Malvin.

Malvin advised that everyone else left the room, before they do any more damage, Pascal went back in to get his own shirt that he originally came for before going to the upstairs balcony with Malik.

"I know you loved him" Malik told Pascal when he noticed they were alone.

"Loved him?? I barely even knew him... How could I love him?" Pascal struggled to hold back his tears.

"I'm so sorry... I didn't get to know much of Chika as well but I'm sure he cared about you deeply... I only wish I had apologized sooner before he left" Malik regretted everything that happened this past term.

Moving to the upstairs corridor, Timi and Moyo were finally addressing things properly.

"...So what does that make you? Bi?" Moyo asked Timi after his apology.

"No I'm just gay.... You made me sure of that" Timi came out to her.

"Um... You're welcome?? But why??"

"It's not like I 'chose to' be gay.... I JUST AM" Timi didn't know how to put it into smaller terms.

Moyo pretended to understand cause she didn't want to keep talking about homosexuality, It disgusted her.

Stephanie too was finding it hard trying to convince Zuriel being gay isn't a choice on the other side of the corridor.

"Is it that all of you have been initiated that you're supporting this nonsense?? Are you kissing girls too??"  Zuriel vexed.

"No eww"

"So you know it's disgusting??"

"No I mean I can't kiss girls..
Cause I'm straight.... Actually I can... But I don't want to CAUSE I AM STRAIGHT" Stephanie explained "if you're finding anything hard to understand just ask me and I'll explain... I don't want us arguing"

"Is being 'gay' good or bad?"

"Zuriel it's not about GOOD OR BAD... not everything in life is BLACK AND WHITE... it's like asking is being tall good or bad... You don't have control over your height like the way you can't control who you're attracted to" It's Stephanie's turn to ask questions "Did you choose to be attracted to Malvin?"

"What the fuck! Is Malvin gay too??" Zuriel deflected.

"I don't know... Answer the question!"

"This is rubbish! I'm leaving" Zuriel manages to leave without answering the question.

Zuriel saw Tope downstairs on her own, Tope became lighthearted seeing Zuriel walking up to her. "Delete those screenshots!! I've deleted mine... Your sister doesn't need to know you knew this and didn't tell her" Zuriel ordered quietly.

Tope did it right away but couldn't tell if Zuriel was lying about deleting hers, she just had to believe her at that point. Moyo called Tope to leave with her, surprisingly Zuriel tagged along.

Tope was scared to get in between them so she stayed four feets behind on the road as they walked back to school.

"...They think I'm stupid.... She now made up one useless word to call me... Homo-something sha....God forbid... I reject!!" Zuriel was too irritated by Stephanie's actions she completely forgot they just lost Chika.

"I think 'homophobic'... That's what Timi called it... May God deliver those people from sin" Moyo said.

Tope felt so sad of their ignorance, Zuriel's homophobia hurt her more cause she was infatuated with her but she's lost all hope in that "I think we should be more angry at the person that took Chika away from us... Rather than our friends right now" Tope reminded them, they felt so stupid, they couldn't say anything.