Chapter 1 - All that we cannot leave behind...

"Come down, Sky, Jax is here," her sister called from downstairs. 

Skyla dashed out of her room and ran down the stairs. He was waiting outside on the porch. She was running about to hug him when she saw him, it had always been like that, the excitement felt like unwrapping a brand new gift every day. 

Then she stopped right in front of him when she saw all the sadness in the world shown on his face.  

The summer breeze was almost as cold as the winter wind, hitting her face precisely like the words she was about to hear, "I'm leaving." It felt as if the entire world had come to an end and she thought now what.

"I'll come find you," he said next, and she could not respond since she did not know how to say goodbye, she was too young to understand. If "the first cut is the deepest, everything that follows will hardly move you." She thought. 

And thus, this is how Skyla started hating summer. Because it always reminded her of the day that Jax left. 

She raced back to her room, without turning around. He called her name and she did not answer, she left him standing there helpless, not knowing what to do. Because when you do not have a choice, what is the point of trying?

Heaven was sitting on her bed sketching, her eyes were focused on the sketchbook between her hands, and Ayla, Heaven's twin was listening to music gazing at the ceiling, when Skyla entered the room Heaven put her sketch aside, and Ayla removed her headphones. 

Skyla stood in the middle of the room, her eyes full of tears, a shocking look in her eyes, and then she told her sisters, "I didn't hug him goodbye; how much am I going to regret this?" Ayla looked at her, as usual trying to understand her emotions, and Heaven tapped at the side of the bed for her to sit. 

Skyla walked towards the bed and sat next to Heaven, she was sobbing and saying "Why?" Heaven tried to calm her down, hugged her, patted her head, and said "You'll be okay, this is not the end of the world, and you know that you will see him again, right?" Skyla's voice cracked and told her, "What if I don't? I can't imagine my life without him, it was always him, and what should I do now Heaven?" 

Sometimes Heaven challenged Skyla to discover the answers she needed to find, but this time she did not even know what to tell her, she just shook her head and thought that goodbyes are painful, especially for Skyla as Jax was her only friend. 

Ayla stared at Heaven and wanted to say something, but Heaven shook her head and said quietly, "Not now." Skyla rested her head on Heaven's lap, drained from crying. Heaven stayed motionless for a few moments before adjusting her sister to a proper sleeping position and covering her with a blanket.

Heaven in a hushed tone said, "Ayla? Let us walk downstairs so Sky can rest comfortably." Ayla replied, rolling her eyes, "You're the noisy one, I'll stay in bed," Heaven clenched her teeth and told her, "Just get up already you stubborn head!"

" Ayla replied, rolling her eyes, "You're the noisy one, I'll stay in bed," Heaven clenched her teeth and told her, "Just get up already you stubborn head!"

Ayla And Heaven