Chapter 13 - Luna & Ace

"They are not going to take you away from me, ever again..."

Skyla and Jax hopped inside the black van when Ben arrived at the parking lot and Jax told him, "I texted you the address." Ben nodded, they couldn't see his expression or the rage in his eyes, he hit the staring wheel and shouted, "Goddammit Ace!" "Hey!" Jax yelled back. "Ace isn't to blame! He wasn't even with her; he merely obeyed the agency's orders and stayed away from her, and look at what happened! Man, this is a tragedy!" "You can't have both ways!" Ben yelled. "They love each other, why would they separate them?!" Jax said, interrupting Ben. Ben then said to him, "Jax! He must choose, love or fame."

With anguish and sorrow on her face, Jax took Skyla's hand and gently placed her head on his shoulder, whispering, "This has nothing to do with us, baby. This will never happen to us, I will never let you go, to begin with." Skyla buried her face in Jax's chest, and they all remained silent until they arrived at the location Ace texted them.

It was a second-floor apartment on the rooftop of a tiny suburban building. Even though the sun was setting and the street was almost empty, Jax put on his facemask and eyeglasses just to be safe. They arrived at the place, and Ace opens the door for them. His eyes are puffy from crying and his face worn; he does not seem to be Ace at all, and he says, "Luna is in the bedroom." in a cracked voice. "Can you leave me for a minute with her? I need to know precisely what happened to her! I have a doctor friend and I will text him right now!" Said Ben as they all entered the living room.

"Hey, buddy! She'll be ok, hang in there." Jax said to Ace. "And now we're here with you, you're not alone. I'm glad you called me," Jax added. "I, I... can't, this is too much to bear, Jax," he said. When Jax hugged Ace and told him, "Easy Ace, everything will be fine, just breathe buddy!" Ace began sobbing like a baby.

"Luna?" Ben asked as he entered the room to speak with Ace's girlfriend. He looked at her pale face, dark circles under her eyes, and her hair wrapped up in a sloppy bun that Ace arranged for her. "Do you feel any better now?" "I'm tired, I want to sleep, and I can't sleep." She said, her words barely heard. Then she added: "Did you take Ace away from me again?", breaking sobbing and burying her face in her hands. Ben's heart ached when he saw her in this state, so he shook his head and said: "No, I asked him to wait outside so I could speak with you and understand exactly what happened to you."

"I want to see Ace," she said. Ben got up, walked up to Ace, who was seated with a worried expression on his face, next to Skyla and Jax, and told them, "I'm retiring in my thirties and I'm leaving this damn industry, you're driving me nuts!" Then he realized he'd raised his voice, and he didn't want to frighten Luna any further than she was already. "Go see your girl," he groaned and said to Ace.

He entered the room, and despite her tiredness, Luna's eyes brightened up when she saw Ace's face; he smiled at her, trying hard not to appear weak

He entered the room, and despite her tiredness, Luna's eyes brightened up when she saw Ace's face; he smiled at her, trying hard not to appear weak. He should be her rock, on which she should lean. "Hey baby, feeling better?" he asked as he leaned in front of her and kissed her forehead. She replied with a weary smile: "Yes.". He took her hand in his and sat at the edge of the bed. "Right now, you have to promise me that you will never drink this much again! You scared the living crap out of me, Luna, and we kept our distance so we could persuade the agency to let us be together. Why? Why did you do that baby?" "It was the first Christmas without you," she said, looking at him like a lost puppy. He gazed at her with sorrow in his eyes, heartbreaking for her, and he felt bad for abandoning her on Christmas eve knowing how vulnerable she was. Ace is unhappy and miserable because he was separated from her, but he has more faith in them, he is stronger, and he is keeping it together for her and them. He sighed, he held her close and told her: "And the last Christmas, I promise that we will find a way, for us, for Skyla and Jax!" she looked at him and said in a weak voice, "Wait what?! Did Jax find his first love again, or a new girl with the same name?" Ace smiled and said, "His first love." She looked at him, her eyes hopeful as if she had discovered a ray of hope that they were no longer fighting alone. She laid her head on his shoulder and said: "Let's fight for our love." He held her close to his heart; her breath was heavy, and she didn't seem well, but all he could think about was how strong she was and how she would overcome this. He sighed in satisfaction and muttered, "Finally!" As she fell asleep on his chest and her breath became steadier.