Part 3 - It would be us against the world.

Skyla woke up immediately when she felt Jax's body moving, she opened her eyes to adjust to the neon light in the hospital room, and he tightened his grip on her hand once again as if he was telling her not to leave his side. 

She was resting her head on the bedside; it felt like an eternity had passed since Jax was admitted to the hospital even though two hours had barely passed. She raised her head and abruptly stopped him from moving, "Jax, easy my love, you have an IV attached to your hand," he replied, "I need water," his voice was low and weary, she brought a glass of water, a straw, she adjusted the bed a little so he could drink, then she lowered it. With a tired smile on his face, he nodded and thanked her.

He was shivering, so she covered him properly with a blanket and ended up getting an extra blanket from the dresser to put on him. She also turned the heating in the room to make it warmer. She walked over to Jax's bed and was about to sit on the chair beside him when Jax looked at her and pleaded, "Sleep next to me," and she didn't think twice, she would never think twice, whatever makes him feel better now she will do. She slid under the blanket, holding him to warm his body, her throat aching, suppressing her tears from falling, but when he buried his weak body in her, she couldn't hold her tears any longer, "Stop crying, my baby," he told her while attempting to move her hair away from her face. "Didn't I urge you to watch your health?" she whispered, sobbing. "I'm sorry, I broke my promise," he kissed her forehead. She looked him in the eyes, cupped his face in her hand, and told him, "Don't ever break a promise again." His eyelids were closing quickly, she stroked his hair so he could sleep, and she didn't dare to move, afraid that the needle in his hand would hurt him. She was staring at him as he slept peacefully in her arms, like a baby.