Chapter 24 - First love once in a lifetime. "Heaven"

"I don't know why it took me ten years to unwrap that box, and read all 365 letters; don't ask me why. Nevertheless, I wish I had read it earlier... I apologize for all I have done, and I thank you sincerely for every word, sentence, and letter you have written. Please forgive me if I became an unpleasant memory in your life. I never forgot any of the moments I shared with you, even the tiniest details. I know it's out of the blue, but can we start over, can we pick up from where we left, I am not that boy you met 10 years ago, I changed."

"He actually did open them after 10 years, exactly as I told him," Heaven said, staring at her phone.

She sighed gathered her courage and texted him back,

"Do you remember before you left, you told me that if I can't find you, to look for you in my heart? I kept searching for 10 years, but I didn't feel you, all I feel was emptiness and the only voices I heard were the echoes of a broken heart and stabbing knifes in my chest; you said even when the world falls down you'll always be here, my world crashed and I couldn't even feel you. And you have the audacity to tell me to start over now?"

"I Know how you feel, I know that maybe it's too late to fix what has been broken, but please give me one more chance, I will be back home next week, let's sit and talk. Please?"

She kept staring at the phone, took a minute to think that she couldn't forget after all those years, even if she keeps denying it, every time a guy approaches her, she always finds the silliest flaws that her sister always says, makes no sense. However, it is what it is, she could not forget him.

"I will see you when you come back."

"I don't want to wake up ten years from now and realize, "I didn't try all I could," she said quietly to herself as she set her phone aside. "He's the love of my life, and he deserves a second chance," she added with a sigh of relief.