Chapter 21 - Under the cherry blossom trees, I waited for you...

"Time - They say it changes everything, us, including ourselves, our feelings, and our paths, but I could not let go. I took the decision to give up my love in order for Ace to continue doing what he loves. When we make a decision, we live with it and do not look back. I'm still living with my choice, but I miss him every day."

Luna sat at a park facing the river, dressed in sweatpants and running shoes, a cap, and sunglasses to avoid being seen, especially since she was near Ace's agency. The agency told her to give up on Ace or else they would breach his contract; even though they offered her a comeback, she refused. She did not give it a second thought; she did not want to consider trading Ace for a comeback. She could not handle to see her Ace's dreams crash. She sighed, sipping her coffee and staring at a book in her hand that she could not even read a page from it.

She has been coming to that park every day for two months, hoping to see Ace, even if it is from afar, but she did not see him yet. She did not want to ask Skyla or Faye, and she even ignored their texts, since she did not want to tell them why she left, and she did not want to lie to them. It was difficult enough to be so cruel to Ace on the day she left.

Ace was hardly trying to keep it together, and if it weren't for Jax, Ace would have given up everything by now. Luna had no idea that the boys had been on tour for the last two months.

Luna still immersed in her thoughts when she felt a gentle touch on her shoulder from behind. She was startled and terrified that someone could recognize her. She got to her feet and turned to see who had grasped her shoulder; she saw Ace, who was dressed in a cute denim overall, a white shirt, and a combat boot. A cap, sunglasses, and a facemask. "He's Ace!" Luna recognized his scent and his entire presence in front of her. She began to shake, tears streamed down her cheeks without her noticing, and she stood still, unsure of what to do. She had expected to see him from afar, but she had not expected to see him so near that she could not breathe.

Ace took her hand in his and drew her towards him without even asking her permission. She could not help but give in to his hug and began crying.

"Please don't cry, my doll, it crushes my heart," he said as he hugged her even tighter. She wept some more and murmured, "I broke your heart," in between all the breaths she managed to take. "I know everything," he told her. When we were on our way to go on tour , I knew exactly what had happened. I waited two months, counting down the days till I could see you; I didn't want to call or text since I knew you'd ignore me. I missed you, and I missed you more than you know," he whispered as he kissed her cheek. "I missed you too!" she told him. " I came here every day for the two past months..." he stopped her and said: "Theo told me that he saw you every day." "That little devil, I told him not to tell you, he used to come here every day to run, and he used to come sit with me every time he's here," she continued with a little smile. This boy is wonderful, and I'm overjoyed that he was finally able to get his mother out of the pain and suffering she was in with his uncle."

"I'm happy for him, too," Ace said. "He's our little brother, cherished by everyone in the agency. You should see that girl Bun Buns, running after him from place to place to give him a bottle of juice," he chuckled. "I know he told me," Luna said, "apparently he fell in love with her eventually." "Shut up!" Ace said, grinning once again. "Yeah, I'm telling you the truth," she answered, laughing.

Ace grabbed her hand in his and motioned her to take a seat, moving the book and her backpack out of the way so he could sit next to her. Luna said to him, "Ace?" he replied, "Hush, don't talk about anything now, we will fix everything later," then added, "I miss you and all I want to do is sit beside you." "I hope this isn't a dream," she sighed as she put her head on his shoulder. "I'm here!" He said as he cupped her face. They stayed for a while, during which time he told her about the tour and she told him about her two months without him. How much she missed him and how many times she wanted to go back to her parents but could not because something was compelling her to wait, that their story wasn't done yet, that her story was not over yet.