Chapter 12 - Christmas day, affection and euphoria...

Skyla was burying her face in Jax's chest when he woke her up gently kissing her on the forehead. "Don't move, baby," she mumbled, "I want to stay between your arms," he replied with a smile, "as you wish, my princess." "Eww, too much love, it makes me nauseated," Theo exclaimed, to which Jax replied, "Jealous much?"
"I'll leave you, love birds," Theo joked as he leaped from the couch, grinned, and continued, "I'm hungry, I'll go get something to eat from the fridge." "Skyla?" Jax said as Theo exited the room. "I want to tell the world that we are together; I don't want to hide it any longer; I want to wake up next to you, post photos on Instagram, take you out on dates, and walk in the park with you." "Do you think I don't want that to Jax?" Skyla moved closer to him and hugged him tightly, saying, "Do you think I don't want that from all my heart my love, but can we just wait a little while, talk to Ben, and see what's the best thing to do for now? You've worked so hard to get to where you are today; do you want it all to go in vain? Did you actually think that your fans will accept us? Don't you remember what happened to Ace?" she asked, taking a long breath and looking at Jax's face, which turned gloomy and sorrowful, with his eyes fixed on her, listening to every word she was saying. "How did he lose so many fans once it was revealed that he was in love? This industry is cruel, and I am well aware of it; I will never let you go, and you must understand that, but there are lessons to be learned. Look at Ace now, how much he is going through, and he is not allowed to see her; I don't want this to happen to us; let's preserve our energy for now; we've got a long journey ahead of us. I know we'll have to fight this battle sooner or later, but can we just postpone it for now? I want to enjoy these wonderful days with you, in peace. I still can't believe that we found each other again, please baby."

"You're simply being the voice of reason in my head," Jax said to Skyla, "but that doesn't change the fact that all I want to do is live a fairly normal life with you." Skyla interrupted him, taking both of his hands in hers and telling him, "You're an idol, forget normal, this ain't going to happen!" He said, messing up her hair, "This is how you're going to have my back, you moron!" They both laughed and leaped out of bed, saying, "Let's see if the rest of the gang is awake yet, and let's have Christmas breakfast together."

They both got dressed and went to the kitchen, where everyone was already gathered, preparing breakfast and a big pot of coffee already hot and waiting

They both got dressed and went to the kitchen, where everyone was already gathered, preparing breakfast and a big pot of coffee already hot and waiting." they greeted everyone, Skyla was already making two cups of coffee for Jax and herself when she said, "coffee anyone?" Faye stormed into the kitchen, eyes half-closed as usual, bumping into everything, "Damn the wine!" she said clenching her teeth.

"Don't blame it on the wine," James joked, "you don't tolerate alcohol and you still insist on getting wasted." "You know nothing!" she said, sticking her tongue out. "Check your phone," he said, raising his brow. "You were smiling like an idiot at the screen for a long time yesterday, who have you been texting?" "Hein!" she said, surprised. " Wait! What?" She screamed as she unlocked her phone and shouted! " Why didn't you take my phone away from me? How many times have I told you not to allow me to hold my phone while I'm drunk?" James was standing next to the oven, checking on the cinnamon rolls he was making and giggling quietly because he knew Faye would kill him if she caught him laughing like this.