Chapter 15 - Faye & Ben

"Three unexpected encounters with you... There is no such thing as coincidence."

Faye was in a hurry to catch the elevator because she was always waiting for the next one impatiently. She kept her hand on the elevator door to prevent it from closing. "You were running here solely to take the elevator with me, I'm touched." She paused as she observed Ben smirking at her. "Hell, no!" She exclaimed firmly. "Get in, I won't bite you," he added with a grin. "Where you're going?" Ben spoke up, breaking the silence. "It was a hectic morning." Faye answered: "To grab an iced coffee and find a peaceful spot in the park to sit."
"It's fate, you know." Ben said gently, "if we have two more encounters like this one, I'd say we're meant for each other." He paused then added, “I'm going to have a cup of coffee and sit in the park with you." Faye's face flushed, and she was speechless for the first time. They strolled together to the coffee shop, where Ben paid for both coffees, and then to the park, where they found a quiet corner with one bench facing the river, surrounded by trees and little away from the crowd. "You know this is Sky and Jax's hiding spot, and it's for us now too?" She said as Ben asked her to sit. "There is us now?" he asked raising an eyebrow as he gazed at her. "I mean, no, it's just…" she blushed once more. "Hey, you moron, wake up!" she said to herself as he caressed her face. Her entire body trembled at the touch of his hand. She shifted her head back, Ben removed his hand and apologized, and she felt bad about it, so she told him, "It's okay, that was just unexpected." "So I can touch you again." he responded wickedly. "Stop!" She exclaimed as she laughed and smacked his palm. "You're cute when you blush." He told her with a smile.

"Earth to Ben!" Faye exclaimed

"Earth to Ben!" Faye exclaimed. "I'm here, I'm just thinking how time flies…" he said with a smile, "Seven years ago when I saw Jax, he was just a kid dancing on the street, and the moment I saw him, I recognized his talent, and I knew in my heart that this boy would go far." When I approached him and handed him my business card, he looked surprised, and when he saw the name of the agency, he asked whether this was true, as if he did not believe something like this could happen. He flashed an enchanting smile when I replied yes, and it was then that I understood this ambitious boy would win hearts. I waited a week for his call and drove by a couple of times where I first met him. I could not find him, and I kept wondering why this boy did not call, considering he seemed so thrilled at the time. After two weeks, I received a call from him, telling me that he is ready to visit me. I asked as to where he had been and why it had taken him so long to call. He told me the most heartbreaking story. He came to the city to find his father after his mother and grandmother died; he only knew his name and that he is the chairman of a huge empire. He tried to meet him, but no one believed him or let him in,  inside the company, because his family name is his mother's. He said he was sleeping in a restaurant where he was working part-time. He phoned me when he had enough money to buy a new phone because he had little money when he arrived in the city and had to stay in cheap hotels and eat only street food because he ran out of money before he could start that part-time work. I have never met an 18-year-old boy who was that sincere and real in my life. I asked him to come to the agency; there were no auditions scheduled at the time, but I was confident that the agency would accept him once they saw him. Back then, I was just hoping he could sing because he was a handsome boy with a wonderful attitude and confidence; and that was all he needed to become an idol. I took him to the dressing room when he arrived at the agency and asked the stylist to dress him and style his hair. When I asked if he was ready when I entered the dressing room, he leapt and responded yes. When I asked him whether he could sing as we were walking, he said that he has not sang in front of people but that he could write songs. I was certain that bringing this boy in was one of the best decisions I'd ever made as I glanced at him shocked."