Chapter 23 - They say the opposite does attract but we are humans, not magnets.

"Heaven, I'm heading to the city, I'll text you as I reach. And if I don't get everything done today, I might stay the night." Ayla added, to which Heaven answered, "Go check on Skyla!" "Of course I will." Ayla said. Ayla drove to the city in her car, leaving early to avoid the terrible traffic; she rarely takes the train when she is not with her sisters, and she enjoys taking long drives to clear her thoughts and listen to music. She arrived in town at 10 a.m., stopped at a coffee shop to grab a coffee and a raspberry muffin, and then headed to her boutique.

She greeted her employees and went to her office; she had not gone to the boutique in weeks because she was preoccupied with the launch of her new clothing line. She enjoys her days at the store, but she has never regretted returning to their hometown with Heaven.

She had done all of the necessary paperwork and contacted the fabric suppliers; all she had to do now was wait for her clothesline to be ready. She went down to the showroom and met with the salespeople, who are all fashion consultants. She is so dedicated to her work that she wishes to become a global brand. That is why she carefully selects the people she surrounds herself with. Ayla's brand is well known in the country, and she is preparing to establish a second boutique, but her aim is to have a boutique in every major fashion city in the world. Everyone around her thinks she will be able to pull it off. Skyla always tells her that her men Avant-guard collection suits the idols, and when Skyla becomes a decision maker at the agency, the first thing she will do is introduce her sister's Avant-guard line to the agency's design team.

Ayla was strolling around the shelves and hanging racks, admiring each piece she designed and feeling proud of how she had established herself in the fashion industry and how each piece she created was unique. She took her coffee from the counter and walked around the boutique, listening to the music coming out from the speakers. She occasionally smiles or makes a kind comment to her fashion consultants. Despite her serious appearance, her staff always enjoys it when she is there; her wisdom, elegant presence, and the insights they learn from her are the things they value the most.

She was standing next to a hanging rack of the store's best-selling items, close to the main vitrine when she noticed an exceptionally beautiful young man standing outside, dressed in a suit, holding a cup of coffee and carrying an elegant leather cross bag on his shoulder. He was admiring her elegance and beauty, as she wore a sharp tailored outfit, an elegant grey pant, a wool turtleneck under a denim blouse, and a grey hat on her head, with her white gorgeous skin gleaming with red lipstick and light make-up. She smiled at James and waved at him to enter the boutique. When he stepped in, all she could think about was how tall, attractive, and confident he was, and how everyone in the shop turned to stare at him. All of the staff were surprised because they had never seen a man with Ayla before, except for business associates, and Ayla was a very private person. Everyone was staring discreetly as he kissed her cheek. He gave her a quick hug, and whispered in her ear, "You look stunning." She replied, "Thank you, you're not bad yourself." She smiled, and added, "Let's go to my office."

She led him up the stairs to her office; he looked around when they walked in, and said, "It's so you, very elegant!" Her office was a massive place with minimal furniture, with bookshelves stocked with fashion designers' books and art, as well as all of Haruki Murakami's favorite books. The space was pale beige, white, and gold, with a hint of black in a few corners.

As they sat on the couch, he could not help but wonder why she had not told him that she was in town. She also told him that she was going to text him after she leave since she was going to see Skyla and would see him there anyway. "You would not think to call me if it weren't for Sky." he said with a sad smile. "That's not true," she responded, "since I never break my promises, and I promised to visit you when I come here." "Fair enough," James answered with a smile. He stopped before asking her when she finishes and if he might treat her to dinner. She told him she was waiting for the delivery of her new line and that she could join him for dinner late afternoon or early evening. He told her that he would not be staying any longer and that he should return to the lab to complete his work. He softly touched her arm and said, "See you this evening, beautiful," as she walked him to the gate.