Part 2 - A day, sealed with a kiss...

Skyla went to the living room and sat beside James, who was working on his laptop; she grabbed her headphones and the book she had been reading that morning; it was almost time for Faye to arrive home since she had stated that she would arrive around four in the afternoon. She was deep in the book when James waved with his hand pointing to the phone; she removed the headphone as she realized her phone was ringing; she had no idea who's number it was, so she kept looking at the screen before answering the call. She did not say anything as she was waiting to hear the person on the other end of the line's voice.

"Skyla?" "Jax?" she thought as she heard his voice. Even though she knew it was Jax, she wanted to be sure that she was not daydreaming as everything this week felt like she was hallucinating. "I'll give you a minute to catch your breath," he said. She could not say anything, so she put her palm over her chest as if to protect her heart, and then she murmured, "I'm breathing." A soft laugh escaped his throat. "Open the door," She fell silent again, froze at the couch, and James glanced at her, wondering what was going on. She looked at her phone, placed it on the couch near her, and looked at James, saying, "He's at the door," he grinned and mouthed, "I'm sorry," as if to tell her that he knew Jax was on his way.

"Don't keep him waiting, everything will be okay baby girl," he said as he stood up and grabbed both of her hands, and squeezed them.

He was standing there smiling, Jax being Jax with that beautiful perfect smile, carrying a bouquet of flowers in his hand, dressed in light blue jeans, a white shirt, a denim jacket, and a red and white beanie with eyeglasses, and a face mask.

He gave her the flowers; she was trying hard not to cry; she had been more emotional than usual these few days; she smelled the flowers and placed them on the side table in the hallway; she stood still starring at him; he asked her, "Are we staying at the door like this or are you letting me in?" He grabbed her and pulled her towards him and hugged her, she let out a sigh and held him back, buried her face in his neck, and they stayed like this for a while.

There was a heavy silence between them; he did not want to let her go, nor did she wants to let go, but he gently pushed her away, took her hand, and went inside to greet James.

Skyla sat quietly next to Jax, who never let go of her hand, even while they were sitting on the couch; he kept his fingers tangled in hers. He was talking with James, asking him about his profession, which sounded fascinating to Jax. James engaged in the conversation asking him what is it to be an idol, and how difficult it is to live normally, knowing the struggle he went through to come to Skyla without being seen by fans or paparazzi. "Faye told me she sneaked you out of the agency," James said, "So you guys knew he's coming." "He wanted to surprise you, and I just went along," James replied, smirking.

They heard the door open, and Faye walked in with a huge smile on her face, bringing packs of beer and snacks." She placed them on the kitchen bar and returned to sit with them. "Did anyone see you?" She asked Jax, alarmed. "Nope, everything is OK," "Ben is going to murder me on Monday," she said, "but it's so worth it!" "I'll deal with him," Jax chuckled, then he added, "don't worry, nothing happened, we're good." "You came with Faye!" Skyla exclaimed, "How did you get out?" "We should thank Theo on Monday, he helped us," Faye interrupted. "Guys, you got Theo involved, poor kid, what if they found out he helped you," Skyla said, covering her mouth with her hands. "No one will know, because no one will mention him, that little brat is a smart ass," Faye added.

"OK, Faye, stop stalling; are you going to cook for us or what?" James asked. "No," she responded innocently, and James said, "What? Who was bragging about cooking for us tonight?" she said, "Me, but I couldn't say Jax is cooking because it was a surprise." Skyla and James exchanged glances and giggled, and Skyla added, "See, I told you something isn't right."