Chapter 25 - Part 1- The Beginning.

"Heaven? Can you wake Skyla up so we can have breakfast?" "No, let her sleep for a while, She was exhausted last night." Heaven said to Ayla while she was making pancakes. Skyla entered the kitchen dragging herself to the coffee machine. I'll make you coffee," Heaven said. Ayla topped the pancake with red berries, placed the dish in front of Skyla, and handed her the Hershey's chocolate topping, which she squeezed like there was no tomorrow, Heaven rushed, "Woah! Enough." She then snatched the bottle from her grip. They had their breakfast silently, which is unusual for them, but Heaven and Ayla were unsure how to react towards Skyla, so they tried to give her room and let her adjust to the change gradually. "You told me yesterday that you have a story to share," Skyla said as she completed her dish and asked Heaven for another cup of coffee. When Heaven sat back, she said, "Juno phoned me," Ayla said, "Hein?" and Skyla asked, "Who?" Ayla glanced at Heaven as if she was asking her what had happened, Heaven started speaking, "My first love, I'll tell you everything later," Heaven said. "But now Juno is coming back home, and he wants us to give our love another chance."

 "After ten years!" exclaimed Ayla. "So what?" Skyla asked Ayla, "My Jax returned after 7 years as well." "And look what happened to you," Ayla concluded to Skyla. "Ayla!" Heaven yelled. " How many times do I have to urge you to tone it down? You know this isn't you on the inside; you're just wearing a mask to appear as a heartless rational bitch who calculates everything, but on the inside you're the softest person who resists because you believe that way you won't get hurt! However, you will not find happiness if you continue in this manner, so stop!" "Please don't fight, I came here because I need my sisters, don't make me run away, I have nowhere to go, I can't go back to the city, everything there reminds me of him," Skyla sobbed. Heaven rose from the barstool and hugged Skyla; when Ayla saw them hugging, she approached and held them both as well; Skyla began to cry and could not contain her tears. They lingered for a while, then went to the porch and sat on the bench, where Heaven began telling Ayla and Skyla all that had happened. Ayla had a business call, so Heaven told Skyla about her love story with Juno, and about the 365 letters, story. "Now you made me feel that what is fated always finds its way back to us," Skyla added with a smile. "I don't know yet," Heaven, said, then added, "it hurts, 10 painful years had passed, not easy." "Give your love a chance so you don't regret it later," Skyla advised her sister. Heaven hugged Skyla and told her, "Look at you all grownup," Heaven said, "I have thought a lot about it, I still have one week to make that final decision, or I give our love a shot, or I have to let him go," Heaven added.

"Aren't we going to talk about you and Jax?" Heaven gripped Skyla's hand. "I'm not ready yet," Skyla explained, "because I don't want to admit that this is the end."

Heaven did not want to tell her sister that, contrary to what Skyla believes, this isn't the end since, on Christmas Eve, she spoke with Jax and realized right away that he's a man of his words and that their love is stronger than Skyla chooses to believe. Heaven, like everyone else, opted to let Skyla express her feelings and let time take care of the rest.

One week later...

"Heaven, Sky!" exclaims Ayla. "Do you want anything from the city, I'm leaving! Heaven said, "Just move in with James already, instead of driving twice a week to the city!" And Skyla said sadly, "My heart, because I seem to have left it there." Ayla replied, "Okay, other than that anything else," then she groaned and said to Heaven, "Shut up, I have work to do, I am not going to see James," Heaven said, "Yeah, right. Anyway, drive carefully, and let us know when you reach."

Heaven sat on the porch, Skyla was in the garden with the dogs, she trying to cope with the changes day after day. Faye and James phone her on a regular basis, begging her to return home, saying that they miss her and that if she does not want to stay with the agency, she must return so she may at least find a new job. Skyla, on the other hand, still needs time to accept reality; she is still not answering to Jax's texts and phone calls; he did not give up and he is still trying; nevertheless, she promised Ben, and Skyla never breaks a promise, especially when it is for Jax's own good.

Skyla has not heard from Ben, but Luna, Ace, and Theo are often checking on her, and she is grateful to have found another family, despite the fact that they all remind her of Jax. "Will the pain ever go away?" I had to cope with his absence for seven years, and I had lost him twice. Now what? I lost my everything and the love of my life." 

Heaven shouted and asked if she wanted coffee; she nodded yes and stepped towards the porch, where Heaven brought two cups of coffee and sat on the bench. Skyla seated next to her, watching Tommy and Bruna, her dogs, play and enjoy the sun.

Heaven was having a conversation with Sky when she noticed a man patting her dogs in the garden. "Juno," she told Skyla, her heart fluttering. Skyla turned around to see him approaching them. Heaven's hands shivered, so she set her coffee down and stood up, staring at him, not expecting to meet him without him notifying her that he was on his way.

Juno approached them and remarked, "You're a big girl now," as he stood in front of Skyla. He turned his head back to Heaven, her eyes full of tears, "You're here," she said. He drew her into his arms and said in her ears, "I missed you, I didn't tell you that I am coming, because I didn't want you to be worried, because I know you, I know you more than you know yourself." She lingered in his arms, silent, making amends for the ten years she had not held him in her arms, kissed him, and told him she loved him.

As soon as Juno greeted her, Skyla stepped back to the garden to give them some space. She was staring at them like if they were characters from a fairytale, recalling everything Heaven had told her, the 365 letters, the graffiti on the walls, and their love, and she realized that if she had known all of this 10 years ago, she would have rooted for them ever since.

Heaven brought a cup of coffee to Juno and sat beside him, he told her, "I have something to give you, open your hand." She opened her hand and he put an engagement ring in the palm of her hand, she gasp then told him, "Are you trying to give me a heart attack! Is this how someone propose!" He let a little laugh and told her, "I am not proposing, because I Know you, I know you will tell me that you are not ready, that you need to think, that you're not sure if this will work between us, so I decided to put our fate in your hand. I'll come see you every day, and the moment I see this ring on your finger, I'll know you're mine, forever. And because you are a one-of-a-kind woman, cliché proposals will not impress you." "Do you think you still know me after 10 years, what if I changed?" She asked. "You will grow, evolve, but you will never change, because I know a woman like you who sticks to her principles, her coolness, and she will be nothing but an exceptional incredible woman."