Part 2 - Eight years earlier.

You know how you feel when you are having a horrible day and don't know why, you just have a heavy heart and feel like the whole world is against you. Skyla had been feeling that way, all day. It was a Sunday, and Skyla had associated Sundays with melancholy and stillness since she was a child.

Skyla put on a hoodie, a scarf around her neck, and her headphones. Her favorite area back home was the rooftop of their house, so she climbed out of a little window next to her bed and sat on the roof, listening to music and staring at the sky. Thinking about how to get out of this little town, study fashion, and start living her dreams. Thinking about Jax, and how it's impossible for him to leave, now that his mother has passed away because she knows Jax will never abandon his grandma. "All the dreams now seem so far away," she sighed to herself. She turned up the volume and lost herself in her thoughts.

When Jax arrived with a bag of chocolates and a stuffed baby Panda, Ayla and Heaven were sitting downstairs on the porch outside, having tea and chatting. "Is it Christmas already? Sky's birthday?" Ayla laughed. "Stop spoiling her!" she said with a smirk. Heaven nudged Ayla, "Hey!" "Leave him alone!" she said, smiling. Jax was going to respond, a hesitant charming smile on his face, then Heaven added, "Go to her room." "What!" said Ayla, interrupting her." No way her room! Tell her to come down." Heaven burst out laughing when she saw Jax's embarrassment, then told him, "Don't listen to her; go to Skyla's room, she's sitting on the rooftop."

Skyla's music was blasting from her headphones as Jax leaped out of the window, and he tried to crawl towards her without startling her. She was so engaged in her thoughts and the music that she didn't even notice he was out there next to her. Skyla glanced beside her after a time and saw Jax sitting comfortably. "I missed you today," she said, removing her headphones and resting her head on his shoulder. You know how much I hate Sunday, let alone spend it without you." "I'm here now," he said, smiling and touching her nose. "I had to go to the mall to get a gift for my grandmother, had lunch with the boys and played some pool. And here I am, right after I got home, I came straight to you." This baby panda will keep you company while I am not here with you." He said as he turned to the opposite side, holding the baby panda in both hands. "Where are you going?" she asked, frowning and her eyes sad. "I'm not going anywhere." He said with a tiny laugh, "it's just in case you have to spend a day without me like today." "Oh, okay!" She answered with a smile. "You're so cute." She said as she snatched the tiny panda from his hands and cradled it dear to her heart. Jax still seated next to her, smiling, and told her: "I got you your favorite sweets." She ate one gummy bear and couldn't stop smiling because Jax was the sweetest, kindest boyfriend and best friend. He turned towards her, took her face between his hands, moved closer to her face, brushed his lips against hers, smiled through the kiss, then told her, "You taste like gummy bears." She blushed and smiled shyly, Jax drew her closer, hugged her tight, and laid her head on his shoulder.

"Skyla?" Jax asked. "When I came, why were you so absorbed in your thoughts? Is there anything on your mind? You know. I don't like it when you're upset; I want you to be happy all of the time." "Why wasn't I loved before?" she asked, looking at him. "What!" He exclaimed, puzzled as he glanced at her. Skyla, you were not loved? Why are you thinking that way now, when you've seen how your sisters treat you, even my grandmother and me?" "It's not you, your grandma, Heaven, Ayla, it's my biological parents, why did they give up on me when I was days old, Jax, how could they not love a newborn baby, I didn't do anything to make them hate me, I was just a baby," she said, straightening herself next to him and facing him. "You know, I never thought about this, and I adore my adoptive parents; I've never doubted their love, and I've never thought of them, Ayla, and Heaven as an adoptive family; they are my actual family, and I couldn't help but wonder why was I abandoned, why was I unloved." "I understand that you want to know why and how this happened, but I feel that your adoptive parents don't want you to be upset, which is why they haven't told you anything. Sky? Let us concentrate on the future and the good things you have now. Wonderful supportive sisters who will guard you with their life, and lovely parents that I wish I had met before returning to their country. That I want to meet one day when the time comes for me to place a ring on their daughter's finger when we're both older, since there's no way I'm growing old with anybody but you. I promise I'll find you wherever life takes us."

...

"Skyla! Skyla!" she poked her, "Hein?" Bun Buns called her name at least twice, but Skyla was lost in her thoughts and the memories of that night. "Thank you, baby," Skyla remarked as Bun Buns handed her a lollipop. "But do you realize that you have to cut down on your sweets intake, because gaining weight will be a big problem, because you know the beauty standards of idols, right?" Bun Buns smiled at her and replied, "I'll try." Then Skyla said. "No, you don't try, you just stop eating those kinds of things since you are working hard, I see you!" She crossed Bun Bun's face with her two fingers and added: "Don't let all this be in vain. You switch to something healthier in place of the sweets; I'm not encouraging you to stop hard abruptly, but gradually." "I promise," Bun Buns murmured as she extended her hand, crossing her finger with Skyla's. "Good girl," Skyla said as she patted Bun Bun's head. "Why did you come to find me?" She asked after a brief pause. "Are you all right?" Bun Buns came to Skyla's office for the first time. Skyla dressed her a couple of times but they never actually spoke. In fact, Bun Buns is only close to Theo, she is doing all the hard work following him around, which Skyla finds so cute that she thinks Theo will fall in love with her. Bun Buns isn't a clingy girl; she's cute, and there's no way he won't fall in love with her. She's very sure he's already falling for her after their previous talk. "I, I want to question you about Theo since you are the closest person to him." Skyla admired Bun Buns' innocence and simplicity, which is what she admires the most about her, and she is increasingly convinced that Theo needs her presence in his life. Bun Buns is the most passionate and sure-footed teen Skyla has ever met, and Theo will be adored unconditionally. "I know how you feel, I know you want to be close to Theo." Skyla told her, "but give him some time, Theo isn't used to someone caring for him that much." "Do you know that all the girls I train with are crushing on him, and sometimes I say I am the least beautiful, I am short, and I don't have a gorgeous face like them," Bun Buns added, making a face. "Hey!" Skyla said as she gazed at her. "You're adorable, and I like your unique features; you're like Theo, defying all beauty standards because you're just like him." "You sure?" Bun Buns asked Skyla, her expression brightening a little. "Of course I am!" Skyla answered, "but stop scaring him! You can still care for him, but don't follow him around all the time; give him time to breathe, miss you, and turn around and wonder why you aren't behind him with a bottle of juice." "What if he thinks I forgot about him?" Bun Buns questioned. Skyla responded, "Trust me, he won't, he'll just miss you and go about looking for you." "Do as I told you, you will win his heart," Skyla said, taking Bun Bun's hands in hers. "He already noticed how much you care, how much you love him. Now make him miss you and wonder where you are." "Thank you, you are an angel," Bun Buns said as she grinned and hugged Skyla. Skyla smiled and told her, "You guys need to stop calling me an angel; I'm not an angel." While walking, Bun Buns gave Skyla a flying kiss and stated, "You are!"