Part 25

as I head into Renessmee's room, I take a look around and see her sat on her bed staring out the window. I sit next to her wrapping the blanket around her shoulders pulling her into me.

Me: are you okay?

She looks up at me with venom tears in her eyes.

Renessmee: Why would she try and do that to me? Why did she have to leave and try and put me into danger all for the sake of her becoming a vampire?

I sigh looking down at her kissing her head.

Me: you see, your mom makes a lot of stupid mistakes and I mean a lot. But she's never been one to have patience, she just wants to spend the rest of her life with you and Edward, that's all. It's going to take some convincing with your father to make her one of us. But she'd have to talk with the rest of the family about it first to make sure your mom isn't at risk of putting us in more danger.  I know that me and your mom don't get along nor will we ever get along. But don't let that ruin your happiness. You've got a good thing going for you , you have a family that loves you more than anything and we will always protect you.

Jaspers pov:

As Kaileigh goes upstairs to check on Renessmee we notice she's been going for quite some time. Emmett, Alice, Edward, Rosalie and Carlisle and esme we all creep upstairs listening through the crack in the door seeing Kaileigh hold her niece in her arms.

Kaileigh: you see, your mom makes a lot of stupid mistakes and I mean a lot. But she's never been one to have patience, she just wants to spend the rest of her life with you and Edward, that's all. It's going to take some convincing with your father to make her one of us. But she'd have to talk with the rest of the family about it first to make sure your mom isn't at risk of putting us in more danger.  I know that me and your mom don't get along nor will we ever get along. But don't let that ruin your happiness. You've got a good thing going for you , you have a family that loves you more than anything and we will always protect you.

Renessmee: can't you and mom just be civil although you hate each other but can't you be civil and just pretend she's not there, I'm not gonna tell you to tell me what happened between you but can't you atleast try? For me and everyone else?

Kaileigh sighs.

Kaileigh: I'll try my best I promise.

We smile.

Ten minutes later kaileigh lays renessmee down pulling the blanket over her kissing her head before coming to the door as we race downstairs back to our normal positions.

I smirk at kaileigh.

As she sits beside Emmett.

Me: parenting 101, nice job.

Kaileigh: she's such a sweet kid. Despite her mom. But she needed someone there for her when Bella wasn't. So I kinda had to fill that role. Renessmee deserves to be happy and I'll make sure it happens. 
I've promised I'll try my best to be civil with Bella, so if I step out of line. Then I owe you guys 20 bucks each. Everytime I step out of line.

Me: heck yeah. It's a deal.

Rosalie smirks.

Rosalie: I'm proud of you Kaileigh.

Kaileigh smiles.

Kaileigh's pov:

As we all conversate. Bella and Edward walk back in from the garden.

Alice drops into a vision.

Jasper instantly at her side holding her hand.

Jasper: what is it darling?