Part 30

Emmett's pov;

Today has been a long day, I can tell it's exhausting kaileigh but she's still working her ass off to help everyone out.

I take a seat next to Kaileigh as she stares out the window.

Me: babe, are you alright?

She turns to me, her eyes are dark she rests her head on my shoulder as I wrap my arm around her pulling her closer as I kiss the top of her head.

Kaileigh: I'm fine babe. I promise.

I sigh. Standing up holding her hand.

Me: you're not babe. You're exhausted. You need to feed. Let's go and hunt and when we come back I'll run you a bath and we can have a relaxing day and watch a movie. Then we can deal with the meeting tomorrow when the wolves come. Today is a stress free day. Without thinking about Bella and Edward. Today is about me and you.

She stands up nodding grabbing my hands, we head into the kitchen.

Me: Kaileigh and I are going to go and hunt. Would anyone like to join us?

Almost everybody nods, because we have been so busy dealing with everything going on, we haven't had time to feed.

We all head out on a hunt. I take down a Bear, Kaileigh takes down 2 mountain lions.
Rosalie takes down 2 deer and 1 mountain lion.
Jasper takes down a bear. Alice attacks a mountain lion and Carlisle and Esme take down a bear each.

I grab Kaileigh's hand kissing her lips.

Me: you look much better babe.

She smiles at me.

Kaileigh; thank you babe, I didn't realise how much I needed it.

She buries her head into my chest as I wrap my arms around her.

Alice falls into a vision. This can't be good at all.

We wait for her to snap out of it.
Jasper holds her hand.

Jasper: babe what is it? What's wrong?

She looks at all of us.

Alice: It's the Volturi. Remember how Bella went to the Volturi asking for them to turn her and didn't. They've received word that she's turned, they're coming here to clarify but they're also coming here to see if Renessme is immortal. They'll be here in 2 days

Kaileigh turns around in my arms and looks at everyone.

Kaileigh: what? Are you serious?

Alice nods.

Alice and Jasper look at each other.

Me: well, Count me in for a fight if there is to be one.

Everyone nods in agreement.

Kaileigh: Carlisle, we are going to need witnesses. The Volturi won't listen to us we need some sort of proof. I will not let Bella or Edward put Renessme at risk. I'll be of any help you need.

Carlisle nods his head in thanks.

Rosalie: we need to prepare.

I nod.

Jasper: we need to prepare for a battle regardless of it being needed or not.

Esme: let's head home and we can discuss this there.

We all turn round and race home. I head upstairs and set Kaileigh's bath.
Laying out a jumper of mine.

Me: babe your bath is ready.