6

————The night before———-

"Auntie Jisoo! Auntie Rosie!" Ella shouted before running into Chaeyoung's arms.

Jisoo had answered the door and thanked Kai for dropping Ella off before nearly slamming the door in his face. She didn't hate Kai. He was nice enough. She just hated the fact he had ever met Jennie. Their marriage was the reason Jennie was hurting right now. She had come to see Jennie as a little sister and she hated knowing that Jennie's life was about to fall apart even more now that the love of her life was awake yet she was already married to someone else.

Anyone with eyes could tell that Jennie had never gotten over Lisa and Jisoo resented the fact that she hadn't tried to talk Jennie into getting a divorce as soon as Jennie had announced to them that she had gotten married. They hadn't even had a ceremony. They hadn't even told anyone they were doing it. Jennie and Kai had just gone to the courthouse to sign the papers and that was that.

Her wife had known Jisoo was about to have an outburst when Jennie had told them the news, over the phone no less, so she had rubbed her arm to calm her down. When Jennie hung up Jisoo looked at her wife incredulously. "I'm going over there to talk some sense into her right now." Jisoo said.

Chaeyoung just smiled at her softly, "She's broken Jisoo. The doctors just told her Lisa isn't ever coming back. That it's been too long. That she should consider taking Lisa off life support. She feels empty."

"I know babe but this is stupid, she doesn't belong with him, she doesn't even love him."

"I know darling, but it won't do any good. She needs time to realize it herself. You'll only end up pushing her away and we're the only real friends she has."

It was true, Jennie had a hard time talking about feelings. The only time she opened up was when she would talk to them about Lisa and how their relationship came to be and Chaeyoung was pretty sure Jennie didn't even realize she was doing it.

"Auntie Jisoo my mama woke up!" said a little voice excitedly, managing to stir Jisoo from her thoughts.

Her wife had been looking at her with a raised eyebrow, knowing very well that Jisoo had gotten riled up by Kai. Jisoo smiled sheepishly at her before answering Ella.

She dropped down to Ella's eye level to give her a hug. "I heard, I'm so happy for you Ella."

Ella giggled as she hugged Jisoo before she pulled back nervously as she realized something.

The girls could tell something was up with her but let Ella take her time telling them what it was.

"Aunties, can you help me, I want to surprise my mama when I see her," Ella said wringing her hands nervously.

Jisoo eyed her curiously. Chaeyoung was the one that spoke first, "of course Ella baby, what do you want help with though?"

"I wanna get mama her favorite flowers and I wanna buy a yellow dress to wear for when I meet her. Mommy said yellow is her favorite color, maybe she'll like it." Ella had rushed out with hope in her eyes. "I have my allowance. I've been saving it for mama's birthday, please can you help me?" She rambled.

The girls melted at the sight. That night they had found themselves at the mall trying to find Ella the perfect dress. Ella of course hadn't had enough money to afford it but Jisoo wouldn't have told her that, instead she bought the dress herself and had Chaeyoung hold Ella's allowance so that she could give it back to Jennie later.

Ella reminded them about the flowers but Chaeyoung eventually managed to convince her to wait to buy them until she was about to see Lisa so they wouldn't wilt.

Jennie had called them sobbing that night. Jisoo regretted not punching Kai in the face for existing. Jennie didn't deserve a broken heart like this.

——————

Jisoo and Chaeyoung took Ella to school the next day. Ella spent her day telling everyone who would listen that her mama had woken up and she was going to finally get to meet her.

——————

Ella was disappointed when her mom had come to pick her up from school only to tell her she wasn't going to get to meet her Mama that day.

"Mommy you promised!"

"I know baby, you'll meet her tomorrow. It'll be a Saturday remember? Saturdays are mama and Ella time. Besides, you have dance rehearsals today, Mama wouldn't want you skipping."

Ella huffed and pouted at that, "okay mommy." She finally relented.

Despite being disappointed, Ella tried the hardest she had ever tried in her dance class that evening. She wanted to get as good as her mama so she could show her she was a dancer just like her. Her mommy had once showed her a video of her mama dancing and she was so impressed that she had decided she wanted to dance like her too and had asked her mommy if she could take a dance class.

—————

Jennie called Kai as she picked Ella up from dance class that night to let him know they would both be spending the night at Jisoo's and Chaeyoung's house.

Kai just sighed and said "okay hon." He hadn't really seen Jennie since Lisa had woken up and he was frustrated but he knew better than to say anything about it. Jennie had always made it clear that when it came to Lisa and Ella, he had no say.

During dinner Ella kept excitedly talking about meeting her mama and all the things she was going to tell her. Jennie eventually tucked Ella into bed in the spare bedroom that was pretty much owned by Ella and Jennie with how often they stayed over before finally coming down the stairs to meet her friends again.

She spent most of the night trying to hold back her tears and cuddling into both of her best friends arms and laying across both of their laps wishing Lisa was there holding her too.

Nobody said anything. They just watched Disney movie after Disney movie, a habit they had picked up from Ella —who had picked it up from her mama when Jennie had told Ella that her mama loved Disney and had shown her Lisa's favorite movie.

Chaeyoung ran her fingers through Jennie's hair and Jisoo would silently hand Jennie tissues or just wipe Jennie's tears herself when Jennie's crying would get so heavy that she could feel the tears on her lap.