41

"You're perfect Jennie Ruby Jane. You always have been"

Jennie tried to drop her gaze but Lisa wouldn't let her.

"Look at me Jennie."

Jennie felt so many nerves she couldn't force herself to do it, staring down.

"Jennie," Lisa gently grabbed her chin, making her look up.

"You're perfect, do you hear me?" She said honestly.

Lisa had bored her eyes into Jennie's own so intensely that Jennie almost believed her. Almost.

Lisa noticed apparently because she scolded Jennie, "Don't do that. Don't doubt yourself Nini, please. I need you to love yourself as much as I always have."

Jennie couldn't speak, she never could find the words when Lisa was being like this. All strong and demanding and downright sweet. Loving. She willed herself to keep looking at Lisa as she cried, this time for a much different reason.

"Don't you trust me?" Lisa asked softly. Jennie could hear the worry in her voice.

"With my life." Jennie breathed out.

She did. Lisa had never hurt her, not once in her entire life. Lisa was pure kindness and love and Jennie would willingly follow anywhere Lisa asked because she knew Lisa would never let Jennie come into harm's way.

"Then believe me. Believe me when I tell you that you have the most beautiful soul. Believe me when I tell you that of all people you deserve happiness the most. I've seen you grow up, having to battle your demons, ones you didn't deserve to carry and not once did you worry about yourself. You've always given me so much love. Sacrificing yourself for me, for our babygirl. You deserve everything Jennie."

Jennie dove into the crook of Lisa's neck, hugging her tightly. Wondering how someone so perfect could see her like that, especially after all Jennie had done to cause her pain.

Lisa gripped Jennie's body, picking her up and laying her down on the couch easily. Following behind her.

Jennie didn't stop to wonder if Lisa would reject her or not. She immediately entangled herself into Lisa, curling into her side, entwining their legs. She was feeling entirely too emotional and she needed to be close to Lisa. Her Lisa. Her Lisa who always managed to heal her very soul with her words.

Lisa had every intention of holding Jennie all night. Finally surrendering to her feelings for her. There was no fighting the inevitable. She was in love with her, she always had been, always would be, and Lisa vowed to get her back. She wasn't going to hold back anymore.

Lisa knew she may not be the most perfect person in the world, maybe there were other people out there that could give Jennie something Lisa couldn't. Someone who had more money or power to keep her safe, but Lisa knew one thing for sure that made her confident.

No one, no one would ever love Jennie the way Lisa did. It was impossible. She loved her with every fiber of her whole being and that meant Lisa would do everything in her power to make sure her girl was happy. Lisa figured that was enough.

She was going to get her girl back if it was the last thing she did.

She drifted off to sleep holding Jennie's softness close. She wasn't going to let her go ever again.

————————-

Jennie woke up in the best place in the world, enveloped in everything Lisa. She didn't want to open her eyes. Unwilling to move. She wanted to stay there forever. She didn't know how many more chances she would get to cuddle Lisa.