20

"Hey lovebirds, sleep well?" Jisoo asked as soon as she walked into the kitchen.

Jennie's head snapped up.

"I slept really good, actually. Sorry for crashing, I don't even know when I fell asleep." Lisa answered.

"I'm sure Jendeukie here had something to do wi— "

"Chae can you watch the eggs for a second?" Jennie interrupted.

"Sure wifey."

Jennie grabbed Jisoo's hand and dragged her to the living room before she could say something else.

"Do not tell Lisa we slept together."

"You did it on my own couch Jendeukie? You two are going to have to buy me a new one," Jisoo smirked.

Jennie blushed at how what she had just said sounded.

"Shut up you know what I meant."

"Jennie, I'm pretty sure she knows you guys cuddled all night."

"No she doesn't Chu. She thinks I slept in the spare bedroom."

"Why would she think that when everybody in the house knows where you two slept."

"Because I told her I did."

"Why would you do that?"

"Because I let slip that I had slept really good and I didn't want to make her uncomfortable."

"Clearly she's just so uncomfortable. You're hopeless Jendeuk."

"Please Chu."

"Fine, it's not like it'll erase Lisa's memory anyway."

"She doesn't know Jisoo."

"Sure Jen."

———————

"So, you slept really good huh?" The blonde teased Lisa.

"Yeah?"

"On that tiny couch?"

"It's not that tiny."

"It is when you're tall and you have another body next to you," the blonde smirked.

Lisa's head snapped up. "You saw us?" She whispered, hoping Ella wouldn't hear. Though Ella was currently coloring a safe distance away at the dining table, not paying attention to them.

"Of course we saw you. Both of you were cuddling before Jisoo and I could even finish the movie and make it upstairs."

"Oh." Lisa blushed.

"If it makes you feel any better, I know she slept really good too." Rosie teased.

"Yeah sure. I mean she did say that to me but then she lied and said she spent the night in the spare bedroom so I don't know what to think."

Rosie rolled her eyes. "Typical Jennie, avoiding her feelings."

"Does she do that often now?"

"She's a walking poster child for avoidance."

"I did that to her." Lisa said sadly. "It's like all the things she used to struggle with before are ten times worse now." She said remembering the anxiety attacks, the way Jennie avoided talking about things, the way she could see shame and guilt etched on Jennie's face constantly. The way she could see Jennie punished herself.

"Hey, it wasn't your fault. It wasn't Jennie's. It wasn't anyone's. It's life. No one really sets out to be the bad guy on purpose. We all just deal and cope however we can and try our best to figure it out along the way. Sometimes we hurt people unintentionally in doing so, but you've got to forgive yourself for something that was out of your control.