7

Jennie woke up the next morning still tired. She was on the couch, covers thrown over her body and she could smell food coming from the kitchen. She got up to see Jisoo making breakfast.

"Hey," she said hoarsely. "I guess I fell asleep on the couch?"

Jisoo smiled at her, "you did, you looked exhausted. I had to talk my wife out of carrying you to the bedroom so she ended up sleeping next to Ella instead and I slept on the floor next to you."

Jennie looked at her curiously before Jisoo added, "there was a thunderstorm last night."

Jennie understood. She really must have been exhausted because she didn't even hear it. She was terrified of thunderstorms because there had been a storm when Lisa had her accident. Seoul had been covered in ice for a whole week because it was so cold during that time and it kept raining and every time the rain stopped the water would freeze over adding layer after layer of ice.

Jennie remembered the thunder as she screamed for Lisa that day when she went into labor, terrified she would lose their baby. She had been so afraid Ella wouldn't make it and Lisa hadn't been there to help calm her down. Finding out about Lisa's accident only made her feel worse every time she heard thunder. She had heard thunder every time she pushed, screaming for Lisa. Screaming for her baby to be okay and make it. She had heard the thunder when the doctor told Jennie that Lisa had been in an accident.

Ella hated thunderstorms too. They usually cuddled together until they fell asleep. They both hated being alone and Jisoo and Chaeyoung knew that.

"Thank you unnie, I don't know what I would do without you."

"You'd be very bored for one," Jisoo retorted.

Jennie rolled her eyes.

"Where are they by the way?"

"My wife took your little one to go buy some flowers for Lisa."

"Oh." Jennie said. Ella had babbled on and on the night before about she was going to surprise her mama so she already knew about it, but the thought of seeing Lisa later made her stomach churn because she wasn't sure how happy Lisa would be to see her.

"It's going to be okay Jendeuk." Jisoo had noticed the stress on Jennie's face but before Jennie could respond she heard the door open and a blonde excitedly squealed—"you made breakfast! And it's my favorite!" As she launched herself into Jisoo's arms.

Jisoo pecked her wife on her lips—"any food is your favorite." She laughed.

Ella walked in behind Chaeyoung and they all had breakfast together. Ella and Chaeyoung devoured most of everything and Jennie giggled at the sight. Her hubby had rubbed off on her daughter because Ella very much appreciated food now.

When they were done Ella ran to the spare bedroom to change and grabbed the flowers Chaeyoung had bought with her own money and Jennie drove them to the hospital.

————————————

"Mommy."

"Yes baby?"

"What if mama doesn't like me?" Ella shifted nervously, she was wearing the yellow dress she had picked out with her aunties and was holding a yellow bouquet with Lisa's favorite flowers.

Jennie smiled and squatted down to be at Ella's eye level, "That's impossible. Mama loves everyone because she's the nicest person in the world, you take after her. But more importantly she loves you, she's wanted you for a long time Ella, she's anxious to meet you too."

They were standing behind Lisa's hospital room door, Jennie gave her daughter a reassuring hug before knocking. She had to admit that she was nervous too, not because Lisa wouldn't love Ella but because she wasn't sure how Lisa would treat Jennie. Cold Lisa was something she had never encountered before.

"Come in."

Lisa had been holding her breath all morning. She was so nervous. Yong-Sun had to keep calming her down and kept bringing her water because her throat was so dry. Her kid was already 6. She had missed so much time and what if she didn't like Lisa. What if she really considered her a complete stranger or a long lost aunt despite Jennie telling her Lisa was her other mom. What if she considered Jennie's husband her actual dad and Lisa was just some imaginary, intangible side character. Lisa wanted to strangle something at that thought.

She waited with bated breath as the door opened and she noticed Jennie first. Lisa hated how much Jennie affected her. Jennie was still the most beautiful woman she had ever seen and now that she had a second to look she noticed that the years had done her so much justice. She looked more mature, sexier than she remembered and Lisa hadn't thought that was possible.

She really wondered how she hadn't noticed before how much Jennie had changed. How much time had passed while she was asleep and she woke up and saw Jennie for the first time in years because in front of her was a woman who aged so much better than fine wine.

She had to avert her eyes before she got lost in Jennie's figure. Before she met those cat like eyes she loved so much that she wouldn't ever be able to pull away and thats when she noticed a little girl standing shyly behind Jennie, peeking around Jennie's leg. She was holding some yellow flowers, wearing a pretty yellow dress. Lisa softened at the sight, she looked just like Jennie. She was pretty much a mini carbon copy of her. The same piercing cat like eyes and dumpling cheeks and her shyness reminded her of Jennie when she was in her baby mode.

"Ella" she grinned. She'd never smiled so wide in her life, not even when she had proposed to Jennie and she had said yes.

At the sight of Lisa's smile Ella immediately dropped her shyness and ran to Lisa and unceremoniously jumped on the bed to hug her with a loud "Mama!"

Lisa opened her arms wide to receive her with an "omphh" because although this kid was tiny she had literally jumped and dove on top of Lisa.

"Ella be careful! Mama isn't better yet!" Jennie scolded her.

"Oh no. I'm so sorry mama, did I hurt you?" Ella pouted.

Lisa knew right then and there she was screwed. She had the same exact pout Jennie did that used to make her so whipped. She knew she was going to have such a hard time saying no to her kid. Lisa's eyes were tearing up, Ella was perfect.

Ella thought she had hurt Lisa because she could see her mama was trying not to cry so she was close to crying too. Lisa noticed and finally found the courage to speak.

"No Ella, I'm not hurt. It's okay. I'm just really happy to finally meet you. You're beautiful."

Ella gave her a gummy smile in return and shoved the flowers in Lisa's face, "Mommy said these were your favorites so I bought them with my allowance. They're yellow, see, that's your favorite color! Mommy said!"

Lisa just had to hug her again. She was adorable.

"Thank you so much my babygirl." She held Ella tight.

Jennie was quietly crying watching her two favorite people in the world finally get to know each other. Her heart wanted to burst.