42

A/N

Double update cus I felt bad leaving you guys hanging.

————————————————

She was so fucking close. So close to Jennie's lips that she could feel her tiny breaths on her face.

Just a little bit more and she'd feel them. Almost there. Lisa's lips tingled in anticipation.

A loud beeping noice interrupted them before their lips could even touch. Jennie had flinched so hard, startled at the sound that she almost dropped to the ground. She kind of really hated loud sounds and jump scares.

It was the smoke alarm.

Lisa didn't get to kiss Jennie and Lisa almost cursed out loud because of it. It took them a second to get their bearings from the intensity of the moment but it seemed like they both realized at the exact same time that Jennie had left the crepes on the stove and now they were burning, starting a small kitchen fire.

"Shit!" Lisa hopped off the counter to grab the lid to the pan to put the fire out. Hoping the lack of oxygen would put it out. That usually worked.

The fire had apparently spread too much for it to work though. They must have really been in their own little world to not notice the fire that was building up for that long. Thank god for smoke detectors.

"Nini, where's the baking soda?!"

Jennie ran to fetch it without hesitation and handed it to Lisa. She knew Lisa knew what she was doing, she sort of had experience with kitchen fires.

Jennie stood behind her, holding Lisa's left arm as Lisa poured the baking soda over the fire. Part of her wanted to drag Lisa away just in case she got hurt but she trusted Lisa to take care of it, the fire finally fizzled out.

They stood there looking on disbelievingly, staring at the mess in front of them. That was really close.

They turned to look at each other once they snapped out of the initial shock of it all. They locked eyes and immediately busted out laughing.

"Oh my God."

"Did that really just happen," Lisa said in between a fit of giggles.

"You did it again Lisa!"

"Did not! I think you're going to have to ban yourself from the kitchen now." Lisa pointed out.

"You were distracting me!" Jennie playfully glared.

"It's still your fault, you were being irresponsible," Lisa said solemnly.

"It's absolutely not my fault, the house almost burned down because of your bad luck around kitchens." Jennie said adamantly.

"We both know I watch, you cook. You should have known better than to let me distract you," Lisa argued.

"I think I'm going to have to ban you from the counter too then because your awful cooking skills seem to be rubbing off on me," Jennie teased. "What is it now? The sixth time you've provoked a fire?"

"Nooooo," Lisa pouted. "Wait I didn't mean it! Don't ban me from the counter too."

Jennie almost kissed the pout away when a very disheveled Jisoo ran in looking panicked, having heard the smoke alarm. She didn't sleep much the night before, spending the entire night playing games with Ryujin.

Chaeyoung followed right behind her looking just as anxious. Worried someone had gotten hurt.

"Limario! Please tell me you didn't burn down our kitchen because a hungry chipmunk is really scary." Jisoo said immediately, looking around taking in the scene.