30

Jisoo prepared herself to lie to her wife for the first time in her life. She spent ten minutes outside of their house before she found the courage to walk in.

"Hey babe," Jisoo said tentatively when she had finally walked into the house. She didn't know how she was going to get through this.

"You're early!" The blonde said, immediately skipping and jumping into Jisoo's embrace.

Jisoo smiled, wrapping her blonde up in her arms. This was going to be so hard she thought to herself as she hugged her. She kissed her wife's lips quickly before pulling her into her neck again.

"Yeah, I actually have to tell you something."

Chaeyoung could hear the worry in her wife's voice, she tried pulling back to look into Jisoo's eyes but Jisoo held her in place firmly. Jisoo knew she wouldn't be able to lie if she was looking right into her wife's eyes so she held her close.

"What's wrong babe?" The blonde worried.

"Nothing, I'm just going to miss you."

Chaeyoung furrowed her brows, confused at what Jisoo had said. Her wife must have sensed her discomfort because she immediately spoke up.

"Chipmunk, I have to go on a work trip." Jisoo said tentatively.

"What? All of a sudden?" Chaeyoung tried to pull back again. Jisoo held her even tighter, not letting her pull away.

"Yes, I'm sorry, they just told me today."

"Since when do they make you go on trips?" Chaeyoung asked, getting more confused by the moment.

Jisoo didn't know how to answer. She hated lying to her wife but she knew if Chaeyoung figured out what her plans were she would try to stop her. Her wife would try to convince her that Lisa must have her reasons for running away and that she needed time but Jisoo was tired of watching her best friend and her wife cry over Lisa.

She could tell Ella was sad too. Ella never cried, but Jisoo knew she wanted to. She needed to fix things. Jisoo felt like it was her job to fix things for her girls, she was the oldest after all. Even if it meant pissing off the love of her life by lying to her.

"I know, it kind of came out of nowhere." Jisoo deflected.

"How long will you be gone?" The blonde asked.

Jisoo could tell her wife was trying to hold back her tears already at the thought of them being apart. They'd pretty much been together every single day since they were six, hardly missing a day of seeing each other since. Jisoo almost gave up on her plan at the thought of making Rosie cry.

—————

Jisoo had first met the love of her life on the playground, some boy named Jackson had been playing with his friends and hadn't noticed the girl in front of him as he ran, too busy looking out for his friends that were chasing him. He rammed into the girl on accident and knocked her to the ground.

Jackson had been looking back at his friends chasing him that he didn't even know someone was in front of him. Little Jisoo had seen red at seeing the look of pain on the pretty girl's face that Jackson had accidentally knocked down. She had pushed Jackson to the ground harshly afterwards in retaliation before holding her hand out to pick the little girl up.

Little Jisoo hugged the other little girl fiercely as soon as she picked her up.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

The little girl sniffled and smiled at Jisoo. "I'm okay. Thank you for helping me."

Little Jisoo's heart felt really warm when the little girl smiled back at her.