22

The seating arrangements ended up much like the night before. Neither of them even protested this time, knowing it was useless.

This time Ella picked a movie so of course it was Disney. Ella had wanted to watch the Little Mermaid. Jennie and Jisoo grumbled for half a second but then were promptly entertained as all three younger girls would launch out of their seats to sing along with the movie.

Lisa took to singing a lot of Sebastian's parts and Rosie and Ella harmonized Ariel's. Ella had become a very good singer over the years with Rosie's help. Lisa danced around them as she sang playing a goofy, grumpy Sebastian. No one really watched the movie. The older girls looked on adoringly at the younger one's antics.

Lisa and Ella begged everyone to let them watch Tangled again but they were outvoted so Ella suggested Frozen. Rosie sided with them this time so the older girls had no choice but to relent and grumble at having to watch that movie yet again.

Rosie sang Elsa's parts skipping around the room and twirling in the air dramatically as Ella played Anna. Lisa would goofily jump in as Olaf and the older girls thought to themselves that maybe Frozen wasn't so bad after all even though they've watched it a million times and they both swore they would shoot themselves if they had to hear "let it go" one more time. It helped that Rosie had an angelic voice and Ella was a great singer too and Lisa would dance flawlessly so they were more entertained by them than the movie.

Eventually Ella got tired and Lisa carried a nearly sleeping Ella upstairs. Ella curled her arms around Lisa's neck tightly, half asleep. Jennie helped Lisa tuck her in. She pulled the covers down so Lisa could lay Ella down gently before pulling them back over Ella. Lisa brushed the hair off of Ella's face before giving her a forehead kiss.

She stood up straight, looking at Jennie, "You made a perfect kid, Jennie."

"We made a perfect kid."

Jennie knew Lisa wouldn't believe it. That she would think she had no part in raising Ella but Jennie knew Lisa had as much of an impact on Ella as Jennie had. Jennie had made sure of that by telling her all about her mama. When she was lost and didn't know what choice to make concerning Ella, she would imagine talking to Lisa, trying to figure out what Lisa would say and go by that. Lisa raised Ella just as much as Jennie had.

——————

They went downstairs and kept watching movies. Jisoo and Chaeyoung continued to spoon on the big sofa. No one took the love seat. Just like the other night, Jennie and Lisa fell asleep, slowly maneuvering themselves in their sleep into each other's arms.

Lisa woke first in the morning this time. She felt such overwhelming peace waking up to Jennie. She knew it was temporary. Jennie would go back to her husband soon but Lisa was tired of fighting her feelings. She was never one to hide them anyway.

She couldn't help it. Jennie looked so cute in her sleep. She raked her eyes over Jennie's face, lifting her body up so she could lean her face on her hand, elbow supporting her upper body up. As soon as she had shifted she felt Jennie's right arm clutch her shirt tighter pulling her back a little. Jennie let out a small whimper. Lisa smiled.

Lisa used her free hand, trying not to shift too much. She was so overwhelmed with feelings for Jennie that she couldn't help it. She wasn't shy. She lightly touched the mole under Jennie's eyebrow. She felt Jennie shift closer to her at the touch. Lisa traced Jennie's dumpling cheeks and Lisa felt Jennie lean even further into her touch.

Lisa knew she should stop. Jennie was a light sleeper. She was surprised Jennie hadn't woken up yet. She gave in to one last act of rebellion before getting up. She kissed Jennie's forehead and as she pulled away she whispered "I love you too, Nini."