17

Lisa found herself shuffling in front of Jennie's house after ringing the doorbell. Right hand full of shopping bags and the other one holding Ella's.

"Thank you so much for dropping her off," Jennie said after opening the door, "I got a little swamped with work."

"No problem, I feel kind of bad you've been the only one doing all the picking up and dropping off anyway." Lisa said seriously.

"Here," Lisa handed Jennie shopping bag after shopping bag.

"Lisa! You're hopeless. I thought you were going shopping for yourself! Not Ella." Jennie looked accusingly at Ella who was still holding Lisa's hand, smiling innocently.

"I got some stuff." Lisa said sheepishly.

Lisa looked so guilty and Jennie had to giggle and roll her eyes at her because she knew Lisa was lying. She was willing to bet she hadn't bought herself a single thing.

"It wasn't really Ella's fault anyway," Lisa defended her, "she just looked so cute in some of the outfits she tried on and I just had to get them, right Ella?"

Ella nodded frantically. "Mama even got me some dance clothes and some sweats and these really cool sneakers! What where they called again mama?"

"Jordans?" Lisa supplied.

"That's right, she got me some Jordans so I can look cool in my hip hop class and she got me two dresses and five beanies and a bucket hat." She ended proudly. Holding out her fingers each time she said a number.

"Oh God, now she's going to pick up your obsession with beanies and bucket hats," Jennie laughed.

"What's wrong with beanies and bucket hats?" Lisa pouted.

"Oh! Oh, you haven't seen the best present yet, look at my necklace mommy, it matches yours!"

Jennie quickly widened her eyes at the mention of the necklace she always wore that had the engagement ring Lisa had proposed with. She glanced towards Lisa for any sign of recognition but Lisa was looking at the ground so Jennie wasn't able to read her.

Jennie blushed a bit, hoping her daughter hadn't spilled the fact she still wore the ring. She preferred to keep it a secret fearing Lisa might ask for it back or be angry at her for wearing it. She leaned down to look at Ella's favorite present.

"Manoban! I know you did not just buy our daughter a Chanel necklace! She's only six!"

"I'm sorry?" Lisa said with a smile, not looking sorry at all. "It's not even my fault! It's totally your fault that she has your taste in expensive stuff! It's in her Kim genes!" Lisa tried to deflect.

"I knew I should have said no to you when you said you were going to go to the mall after the movie!" Jennie said trying to suppress the smile on her face. Lisa was so fucking whipped for Kims it was basically tradition.

Jennie was about to speak up when she froze. She caught a glimpse of a familiar car pulling into the driveway. Lisa followed Jennie's line of sight and watched a tall man climb out of the car. Lisa froze too, knowing it must be Jennie's husband. She really wished she hadn't have stayed so long bantering with Jennie now. She always wanted to pretend he didn't exist and but now here he was, walking towards them. This was Lisa's personal hell.

"Jongin, you're here early" Jennie said sharply, standing up stiffly. The man smiled at Jennie before turning to Lisa.

"You must be the famous Lisa I'm always hearing about." He stretched out a hand. "I'm Kai."

Lisa took his hand. She swore he was squeezing her own a little harder than necessary but Lisa just smiled back sweetly returning the force.

"Nice to meet you." She resisted the urge to add that she was flattered he heard so much about her considering she never heard anything about him. In fact she had just barely learned his name a few hours ago, but that would be petty right?