23

They got to the restaurant and Lisa was surprised at how intimate it looked. The small wooden tables were spaced out far from each other, there were lights and vines adorning the brickstone walls. The waiter took them to a corner table.

When he came back to take their order Lisa and Ella both said in unison "I want gamjatang."

Jennie giggled at her little Manobans as they fist bumped each other. She'd probably never stop marveling at how alike they were.

Lisa's stomach did a somersault at the sound of Jennie's giggle as Jennie placed her order too.

Jennie was glad her daughter was there because otherwise she wasn't sure how she would have survived dinner. Ella filled in the spaces of their conversation so easily that there was never an awkward moment. If there was ever a lull Ella would jump in with one of her little mini rants.

"—and then auntie Jisoo called him a bad word and a noob and stole all his loot and the guy started crying. Auntie Rosie told her to stop being so mean to grown men online and that she should let them win once in a while and then she hit her on the back of the head for saying bad words in front of me," Ella finished.

Lisa and Jennie laughed at her story.

Before their food had even arrived a couple approached them. Jennie apprehensively looked up, she had never really been good talking to strangers. That was always Manoban territory. Her eyes widened.

"Oh my god, Irene?!" Jennie squealed and jumped from her seat to hug her friend. Irene hugged her back tightly.

"It's so good to see you Jennie. I wasn't sure what had happened to you. I was worried. I tried to get a hold of you."

"I'm so sorry," Jennie cried. "I had to get a new number after we graduated. My parents took my phone back so I didn't have yours anymore either. I couldn't even reach out to you to find you since I moved to Seoul. I've missed you so much!"

They pulled away from each other.

"Im just so glad you're okay." Irene looked over to see Lisa and Ella sitting at the table.

"I knew you two would make it," Irene said proudly, looking between Lisa and Jennie smiling widely. All their other friends had gossiped that there was no way they would stay together once Jennie graduated and moved 8 hours away from Lisa. Especially since they had only been together a few months. Irene had always told them they were crazy if they thought Jennie and Lisa would ever break up. It was Jennie and Lisa!

Those two had been attached at the hip since Lisa had started school with them. Irene would have felt jealous of her downgraded best friend status, but she had always known they had feelings for each other so she really didn't mind. She was just happy for her friend. It was inevitable that they would end up together anyway.

She had been amused watching Jennie get nervous around Lisa. Always asking Irene if she looked okay after primping in the girls bathroom, putting on lip gloss and some light mascara because Lisa had once told her she was the most beautiful when Jennie didn't wear a lot of make up. Irene had watched Jennie take that to heart, she didn't wear a lot of make up after that.

Irene would tease her and say that her girlfriend Lisa would love it and Jennie would always blush saying she's not my girlfriend and that she didn't like her like that. Irene had been one of the ones who had cheered and whistled in the hallway when she witnessed Jennie kiss Lisa in front of everybody. Finally, she had thought.

Before either of them could respond to Irene's comment, Irene's eyes found Ella's, "and whose this cutie?" She asked the little girl. She knew full well it must be their daughter, she looked just like Jennie.