37

Jennie never made it home that night.

She ended up in the hospital instead.

————————-

Yong-sun had been a little more than shocked to see Jennie asleep in the break room.

"Jennie?" She was so worried at seeing her there that she gently nudged her to wake her up.

"Jennie, what are you doing here? Is everything okay? Is Lisa here?"

The nurse was confused because her shift had just started and she worried Lisa had been readmitted, her wife had said Lisa was doing well though. She didn't even need physical therapy anymore.

Jennie started crying and it only worried the nurse more, hugging her immediately.

"Lisa's okay." Jennie said, feeling guilty about worrying her favorite nurse.

They drank coffee and talked throughout the night in between the nurse's duties. Jennie filled her in on everything, they hadn't spoken since Lisa had ran away from Seoul. Jennie had been too depressed to reach out to anybody, even Yong-sun who she had come to consider as her actual mother even though she was only a few years older than Jennie.

Yong-sun had always been a comfort to her. She'd been there to witness Jennie's worst times, even before Chaeyoung and Jisoo came into her life. She reminded her of the way Chitthip was with Lisa before she passed. Treating Jennie in much the same maternal way.

"I'm sorry I haven't kept in touch." Jennie said guiltily.

Yong-sun smiled softly at her.

"You don't ever have to apologize to me for needing to cope with things in the best way you can. Some people just need space when they're going through things."

Jennie smiled at her gratefully. She wondered if she wouldn't be so fucked up if she had grown up with Moonbyul and Yongsun instead of her own parents.

She was pretty sure she wouldn't have had made as many mistakes if they had been her parents instead.

—————————

"Maybe I should have let you chase after them," the blonde girl worried. It was 2am and Jennie hadn't come home yet.

"Should I call Lisa?" Jisoo asked her wife.

"No, no I think you'll just worry her. She'll flip if she finds out we don't know where Jennie is. I really shouldn't have stopped you from following them." The blonde said as she pinched her nose in worry. "What if she lost herself again and ran away?"

"Jennie's not Lisa babe, I'm sure she's just blowing off steam somewhere, she'll be back. There's no way in hell she'd leave Ella for long."

"I know. It's just, this is a little too familiar and I can't kept help but worry."

Jisoo pulled her wife into a hug, brushing her hair as she did.

"Weren't you the one who said we should trust in fate?"

The blonde placed a gentle kiss on her wife's temple, grateful she was there to ground her.

——————————

Lisa dropped Ella off in the morning and noticed how her best friends looked like they hadn't gotten much sleep.

"I made pancakes and French toast for you Ella," Chaeyoung said, hugging the little girl. Ella jumped up and immediately ran into the kitchen.

"What's wrong?" Lisa asked, after Ella was out of earshot.

The blonde bit her lip before asking, "you haven't seen Jennie have you?"