• Im here for my things •

The past three days had been quite an event. So much happened. So quickly.

You couldn't comprehend how you had almost throw your life away living in New York  and your return to the Broadway show was now never going to happen. You couldn't bare right face the man who lied, manipulated and no longer loved you as he was caught up in his rebirthed fame.

"Morning chooka" Karli whispered as she slowly open your bedroom door "how you feeling this morning?" She asked handing you a cup of tea.
"Meh. Better than yesterday I suppose. It's just all a bit much. Especially after I told robyn everything yesterday." You replied forcing yourself to sit up. You decided to tell Robyn yesterday as you hadn't spoken to her for at least two weeks and you avoided any contact with her or Ricky incase they took Aaron's side.
"You did the right thing, I have no idea how your feeling right now but things can only get better right?"
"Karli I was thinking, um would you be able to come with me to the hotel to pack up my stuff?"
"Of course if that's what you want. You don't have to face this alone" she reassuringly said taking you in for a hug

As you made your way around your new room, finding something to wear before splashing your face with cold water the pit feeling in your stomach was only getting worse.

You decided on a simple white skater dress with your converse and black denim jacket before meeting Karli in the living room.

"You look gorgeous mia, I was thinking we took a little flight this afternoon..." Karli said holding up two plane tickets
"Omg where?!"
"Sydney to go watch Hamilton!" She replied

You broke down due to how grateful you were for Karlis actions but it hit you that you hadn't been sat in a theatre since New York and the last show you watched was moulin rouge when you where ill the first time.
"Is that ok with you?" Karli asked concerned
"Of course it's amazing! I can't wait! But the last time I was in a theatre was back at home- I mean New York and it will just be a bit emotional"
"Hey hey, me too I'm going to be a mess so we can sit and be emotional together, anyways it's on me this trip after you booked up at the Hamptons"

The thought of that place reminded you of how you wanted your wedding reception there... well guess it wouldn't be anymore.

You both took the tram back into the city before a short walk over the bridge and back to the hotel where your things were. Karli had brought her suitcase to help carry everything and all you wished the entire way was for a peaceful entrance and exit.

"Hey, don't worry I can do the talking if you want?" Karli asked as you stepped from the elevator to your floor.
"Just to star off but if he has anything to ask me I'm happy to talk. I don't want to stay long so literally throw everything in and let's be gone." You agreed on
"No worries chooka"

You took a deep breath as you stopped outside your door and Karli gave it three knocks. Within ten seconds the handle came down and aaron was stood there, dark eyes, pale and looking like he had cried for hours.

"Hi" he simply said with a blank face.
"Hi" Karli replied to break the ice
"I'm here for my things" you said not being able to even hold eye contact.
"Suppose so, um come in. Excuse the mess" Aaron said as he opened the door and you followed Karli

"Hey Mia, I'll take the bedroom if you want to grab your toiletries?" Karli asked and you just nodded

Aaron went back out to the balcony and just sat down. He just started out. It was like half of him was missing and you could tell. It hurts like hell to see him like this but you couldn't handle his ways anymore and your feelings had gone elsewhere.

After grabbing what you wanted to take you made your way to Karli to start packing your shoes and pulling dresses and jumpers from the wardrobe.

"He's hurting" you said quietly
"He will, you both will. It's a big change for you both but it's better this way. You can be happy" she smiled
"I can't see him like this, I still care for his well-being. He's been drinking"
"I could tell when I saw him. He looked awful. I think he needs to get back to America" Karli responded.

Within ten minutes you had crammed everything into two cases and were ready to leave.
"I need to give him something" you said to Karli as Aaron was still sat on the balcony.
"Ok"

The walk to the balcony was an eternity, it never ended and your stomach was turning with every step. "Aaron- I" You started to say but he didn't move.
"Aaron I need to give you this back" you said quiet enough but still loud enough for him to hear you.

He still sat facing out towards the sky.

You reached to your coat pocket and pulled the ring which had sat on your finger for the last year. You took one more look at it before placing it on the glass table in front of him. "I'm sorry"

There was no response. Nothing.

You stood for a moment before turning to walk away when you saw from the corner of your eye his hand reach to the ring and hold it tight in his fist as a sound of tears started. It was too much to stay for

"Goodbye" you said as you opened the door for the final time and Karli was stood outside on the hallway ready to walk back.

"Thank you for doing this with me, your the best friend I could ever ask for. Robyn understands my situation but she doesn't fully get me on this one no matter how much she knows me" you said not giving any thoughts to how you and just s left the man you once loved
"Don't worry, I'll always be here for you. I wanted to tell you some news I found out this morning..." she smiled
"What?"
"I'm going to be dance captain back on Broadway when you go to do the international tour and the Australian cast can officially be announced today" she smiled
"Omg that's amazing for you! You deserve it so much. I'll give you my note books for the show before you go back. I have a few weeks before international rehearsals start here and I have to move in with my Nini but I'll be here till July before we go to Paris for the opening night"
"Thank you, I'm so nervous but I honestly can't wait! It will be so good to get back. Hopefully December for us"