•new girl•

Your alarm went off as usual at 7, enough time to get ready for rehearsal and make your way to the theatre. You didn't feel like eating anything but knew you needed the food so grabbed a smoothie from the fridge and some dollars for lunch.

'Taxi!'

7:45am
You arrived to find the theatre full of crew and cast and still people arriving ready for the one day to change parts of the show. The director greeted you and Robyn took you to the dressing room you would share so you could dump your stuff and take a moment to breath it all in. She knew you was nervous so took you to the ensemble before the leading actors. The ensemble were amazing! You recon gnoses some of them from the trailer and the time you watched a Skype rehearsal of Robyn doing backstage romance but it was different to see with your real eyes.

A scent a mans cologne drifted past you and it smelled so warm and humble. Robyn shouted to the man 'wow Arron who you trying to impress? How many squirts of the stuff have you got on?!'
'Sorry, want to make a good first impression'

You turned to see where Robyn was looking as she was tying her boot laces. A man of 6 foot stood there smiling nervously as his blue eyes glistened in the spotlights. His hand held out to Robyn to help her up in her shoes. 'Oh Mia, this is Aaron Tveit. He's kind of important and a sorta good singer but'
Aaron cut her off 'hi I'm sorry about Robyn and sorry you have to share a room with her ahahah'
You replied 'oh no! Me and Robyn worked together before, were practically sisters'
Arron replied ' but hey nice to meet you, your Mia?'
'Ugh yes hi, nice to meet you. Your an amazing singer by the way'
He replied 'thank you and your an amazing dancer'
'How do you know?'
'I saw you both in Chicago when it was on broadway, it was great, like my mum commented on you and then we found out from the playbill'
'Oh wow, I must of been really bad or really good then.'

His eyes glistened still and fixed to yours even not when stood in the spotlight. Aaron had something about him that caused you to feel butterflies and he was very shy around you. You wonder who Robyn was on about by him wanted to impress someone. Well you could defiantly smell his aftershave so whoever it was defiantly knew.

The director called everyone together and introduced you explaining how you would be in the cast as dance captain and re choreograph parts to make it suitable for broadway. Everyone clapped and you all had a group hug before you asked for top of act one starting positions. The lady marmalade's were perfect and you didn't feel much change apart from the dukes entrance so you decided for him to walk down the audience to feel they are involved even more. By 12 you had worked up to firework with Karen.

Karen was lovely and so diverse. You could ask the woman to do a handstand and she would still sing perfectly. She was the perfect satine and you had worked with her in west side story before so you knew her abilities. However, you kept catching glances of Aaron as you were instructing on stage and he was sat in the audience watching with the others. Both of you would lock eyes then nervously shy away not making it obvious. Aaron was sat with Tam and Ricky as they were giggling away but Aaron still remained quiet and fixed on what you was doing.

'Lunch break everyone. You have an hour. Please stay close to the theatre to avoid delays. Meet back here at 1pm to start act with your song.'

Everyone mostly went to their dressing rooms. You and Robyn were number 5, Karen was 4, Ricky and Tam were 6 and Aaron was at the end of the hall in 7.  Robyn's room was decorated with lights and posters, fan art and there was a shelf titled 'Bar Nini'. Robyn had a shelf stacked with alcohol for her pre mid and post show drinks. You laughed as you examined the shelf.

Robyn went to get you both salads and smoothies, your second one of the day. She was gone 10 minutes so you went to the others dressing rooms to get to know them more. You and Karen spent ages catching up and then she got a call from her dresser as her end show costume was changing so you went to see Tam and Ricky but they must of gone out. You could hear the pop charts radio playing at the end of the hallway, it was number 7, Aaron's.

You lightly knocked on the door and he said to come in. You spoke 'hey sorry to bother you'
'No worries Mia, how you finding the moulin rouge then?'
'It's amazing, couldn't ask for anything more!'
You examined his dressing room. It was noticeable bigger than everyone's but what do you expect it's Aaron Tveit he's practically broadway royalty.
'So?' He asked as he saw u looking around 'you like it?'
'Yes it's so much nicer than ours and you even have enough room for a sofa.'
'Yeah well I like to spend some time having a nap before or between shows'
'Oh I thought it would be for your girlfriend or something to sit with you or..'
He cut you off
'I don't have a girlfriend, me and Morgan broke up when moulin rouge started in Boston. She kept commenting on how the context of the show was a distraction and that I didn't have time. I offered for her to come with me every night until I found she was dating one of the understudies in mama Mia. So I finished her and told her I never wanted to see her again.'
'I'm so sorry about that. It's horrible when people become so foolish and fake to cheat. Suppose it's better without all the bother.'
'Thanks but she keeps turning up at stage door after the shows even when we were on tour.'
'Oh geese that's a bit much. Is there anything I can do for you, would you like a tea?'
'Your a life saver, I'd love that. I've been meaning to ask you Mia'
'Yes?'
'Would you allow me to take you out tomorrow evening after rehearsal for dinner?'
'So your asking me out?'
'Well... since you walked in this morning I've not been able to keep my eyes off you if you haven't noticed and since I found out you were joining the cast I've looked forward to working with you. Your so sweet and caring and perfect.'
'Aaron I don't know what to say'
'You don't have to say anything just leave me your number so I can tell you a time and place for tomorrow evening. Please?'
'Mm I don't know I'll let you...'

*everyone back to stage please*
The message came over the backstage speakers. Arron asked to walk you back to stage but you made an excuse that you needed to fill your water bottle in your dressing room so you both left. As he turned the corner of the hallway you ran into your and Robyn's rooms to write your number and address on some paper. You quickly ran to Aaron's room and left the paper on his desk.

1pm
'Ok everyone off stage apart from Karen and Aaron please' everyone sat and watched as you ran your song. This needed the work to make it more spacially
aware to fill the broadway theatre. 'Aaron could you on the "my gift is your song" part, throw your hand out wide to explode it more?'
'Like this?'
The band played that section and Aaron sang and  on the new part he did it as you were stood behind Karen and he looked you dead into your eyes locking for a moment, lost in the moment.
'Ugh yes Aaron that was perfect great work for living it up'

It was 3pm and you were running backstage romance. Robyn lead this dance so you gave her some amazing choreography you knew she loved. By time you had run the Christian lift multiple times with the new catchers Aaron was left with bruises on his knees from being dropped. Multiple times. Your director gave you all 1/2 and hour break from how strenuous the dance was.