•The News•

"Aaron turn it off" you said looking out the car window as you and Aaron were driving to his parents that Sunday afternoon.
"I will, you ok?" He asked touching your hand which was on the arm rest.
"No I'm getting really nervous about all this, all the cases, deaths. I don't want us to be affected." You said getting frustrated.
"I know I don't like hearing it either but we need to listen incase there is important information" he said trying to reassure you on the whole matter.

Neither of you really spoke the remaining twenty minutes until you pulled up the drive. Aaron's parents were in the front yard when you arrived and as you stepped out your car they both came over and gave you big hugs. The industry was already being threatened as less people started to go out due to the covid-19 scares but you had to keep strong and stay healthy.
"Hey mom" Aaron said hugging her for a moment
"It's so good to see you both. I think we need to talk, Trump has mentioned closing the US boarders."
"Ok I'll get mia comfy and make drinks" Aaron said in her ear and he simply took your hand and took you inside.
"We won't be a minute" his mum shouted.

"Aaron this is getting serious now" you said as you sat down and both his parents walked in quietly and just turned the TV on.

"From March 14th the US will close it's boarders to foreign flights inbound and only export" Trump said in an interview with CBS news.

"What are you kids going to do?" His dad asked
"Im staying here of course I'm staying with Aaron" you said moving closer to him and he wrapped his arms around you.
"Mia your Green Card hasn't come through yet and I doubt that will be at the top of the priority list. I don't want your work visa running out." Aaron said.
You had your work visa valid for 12 months and it was coming up to the end of the time and you was waiting for your Green Card through to give a permanent citizenship.
"I don't want to leave you" you started to cry and his mum rushed over with the box of tissues
"You might not have a choice" Aaron's dad said giving you a hug.

The drive home was too a very quiet one and you were preforming that evening.
"I really don't feel like it tonight. I just want to be in our home with you and miles" Aaron said and a single tear fell down your face again.
"Me too and Karen is off with illness and it worries me. I just hope I can stay here" you said twiddling your fingers.

Backstage was an eerie feeling, Karen was off sick You was on for satine, Robyn was alone in her dressing room on FaceTime to Hudson and he was so excited when he saw you in the corner of the screen.
"Hey auntie Mia!"
"Hey kiddo I need to go I'll see you soon!" You shouted back as you gave Robyn a little nod and she knew you needed her.
"Mia has your card come through?" Ricky asked leaning on the doorframe.
"No, we are trying to sort it out" You said quietly forcing a small smile
"Come here" Ricky opened his arms for a hug off you.
"I'll be fine" You said pulling away  trying to stop yourself from crying again.
"See you out there mia" tam shouted. You just said, "yeah".

"Mia can I come in?" Robyn asked knocking on the door.
"Please" You said timidly
"Oh hunny I know I know" she said as you burst out crying to her in a hug.
"I don't want to leave Robyn why can't I just stay in already living with someone why can't I just" You continued to cry.

Aaron dressing room was next door and he must of heard your sobs as he came through a few seconds later and sat with you on your sofa. Just holding you. Robyn laid out all your makeup out for you while Aaron played with your hair.
"Hey mia we better get you ready. Satine can't have puffy crying eyes quite yet." Robyn said and Aaron stood you up making you get ready for that evenings show. Last time you was on for satine was when your parents were here watching which was over a month ago.
"I'll see you out there babe" Aaron left you, kissing your forehead gently and closing the door behind himself. You could tell he was also struggling but you needed each other so much. After your dressers came in and helped you with your mic and wig they left you and Robyn , who was already ready, to sort yourselves out and have some girl time.

*good evening! It's a Saturday night on broadway and we're are all in this together* you heard over the radio followed by the high school musical song.
"Ready?" Robyn asked
"I'm ready. I'll see you out there chicken" you said as Robyn's ent one way and you went up the stairs to the trapeze to get ready.

The show was all going fine until the scene before come what may. Where your and Aaron are in Christians apartment and he reassures you that everything will be ok. You hated this scene tonight it was exactly how you both felt.
"It will be perfect" Aaron says as Christian
"I don't even know what that looks like anymore" you reply and that's when Christian wraps his arms around Satine and hold her.
"It's you and me somewhere quiet" Aaron says
"Somewhere safe?" You respond
"Uncle tolouse coming over to play with the kids" Aaron says and you say back
"Somewhere where we can grow old together" you reply. And you continued as you broke from Christians embrace "if it was only that simple".

That scene killed you. It was exactly how you was feeling you wanted to be together but you knew you both couldn't. As the set changed and you and Aaron came off stage left he didn't say anything and he just came over and gave you one of the biggest hugs, a sort of hug he would give you when you was watching a film in bed, when the whole world would stop for a moment and you would both just close your eyes. You wasn't the only one feeling it.

Karli also didn't have her card through yet and she was being advised to get back into Australia before borders closed.

After the show finished there was going to be a meeting with the whole cast and stage door wasn't allowed to protect the actors.
"Hey aaron you ready?" You asked knocking on his door after the show.
"Yeah one minute"
"I really don't want to do this" You said
"Me neither but it needs to be discussed. Come here" Aaron held his hand out for you to take it and you both made your way up to the stage.

You sat with Robyn, tam, Karli and Aaron and then more people joined you on stage and then Alex Timbers came out. It must be serious.

"So as you know this is a very serious time and we don't know the fate of what's going to happen. We don't know if we will be forced to close but we believe it's highly likely." Alex said
"This is a family and you all know we are here to support each other and in these difficult times the moulin rouge will come together." Justin said following Alex.
"For our international actors we don't know the situation but it's advised that you return to your home country unless you have a permanent visa." Alex then said making you feel really upset about possibly having to go.
"Thank you for your time and stay safe everyone" he said and you all sat there for a moment before Robyn started to clap.

The clap was a thank you for the moulin rouge family for everything it is and will grow to be.
"You all better FaceTime me guys incase we go into lockdown!" Robyn said holding back the tears and one again she always knew what was the right thing to be said to lighten a situation after such an amazing show that evening.

"I'm tired" Aaron said resting his head on your shoulder.
"Me too I think we should get home" you replied and gave him a little kiss on his cheek.

As you all made your way out the theatre New York was quiet. The streets were quiet and you and Aaron decided to walk home past all the tourist attractions which were now so quiet and up past Times Square.

"You know I love you mia and if it happens I'll call you every day, I'll watch all your favourite films I'll even watch les mis as I know it's your favourite. Me and miles will miss you so much."
"Aaron please don't .." You was cut off
"No I will and I will do it for however long it takes I'll get up to send you a good morning text. I don't care. All I care about is you and us." Aaron said stopping you.

You was in the middle of Times Square. It was silent. No cars. Not many people. But it was all still lit up.

"I love you" was all you could say and you kissed Aaron as if nothing would tear you apart.
"I love you too" he replied and you both stood holding each other once again.