You don't own me

Brett frowned as he watched you, outside the café in the mall, talking to someone across the room. He had searched hopefully for you among the crowd, ready to reveal the new relationship he had with you. He wanted to interject and look over them. To loudly declare you his and no one else's but he waited.After the night the two of you had spent together how could you want anyone else? When you leaned in and hugged the person you were talking to, Brett started to push through the crows. He followed you and called out your name when you turned a corner. He caught up to you and pulled you into an empty room. It was a small staff room."Brett?" You asked him. Confused why he would be grabbing you the way he was. You pulled your arm free from his grip."Who was that?" He asked you."Pardon?" You said in confusion. You'd gone to meet with an old friend. You hadn't thought anything of it. They had been in town for a few days and wanted to meet up, you didn't see what that had to do with Brett."We hook up and you just blow me off for someone else the next day?" Brett snapped. You frowned at him. The pair of you had agreed it was a one night stand. Nothing more. No feelings, just a hookup."Brett we agreed that..." You started to remind him of your agreement but he cut you off, looking irritated."You agreed. You said it was a one night stand. I said fine for one night. I didn't think you'd be running off with someone the next day!" Brett growled irritably. His eyes glowed and you stepped back a little. "I gift you with bruises and hickies and you hide them so no one can tell that I own you.""You don't own me Brett. No one owns me! You need to get out of here! Or just leave me alone. We had a one night stand and after the way you've acted, that's all it'll be. You need to back off." You insisted. He let you leave, you made sure that he didn't follow you out of the mall as you got into your car and dialled Lydia's number to fill her in on what happened.