You

Brett x Reader

Requested by Anon

December event

Request: #December2022 Brett Talbot x shy!reader. Reader is very surprised that Talbot choose them on his team. To which a very serious Brett answer "I'd always choose you." 

You'd asked Brett to spend the holidays with you. He'd turned you down and said that something had happened with his pack and it was more important to be with them.

You understood. His pack was important. But it still stung a little that he had no time to spend with you. You went to bed early on Christmas eve and woke up to a cold house. You put the heating on for a few moments and slumped down onto the sofa. You frowned and got up when there was a knock at the door.

"Brett?" You said in surprise. He smiled and held up a bag of food and another of gifts. Slung over his shoulder was a backpack you knew was filled with his things.

"Hey... sorry, I wasn't sure if I could make it." He said awkwardly as you let him in.

"It's ok. You didn't have to choose me. I understand." You said quickly.

"I'd always choose you." Brett said quickly as he set his bags down and the two of you hugged.

"Well, I'm always on your team." You smiled as he chuckled and nodded as he gave you a final squeeze and pulled away.

"Trust me. I'm glad you are." He mumbled as you led him into the living room.