Ch8: Crows

"So, no sign of him huh?"

Y/n was sitting on the engawa of her estate with two crows, the two of them had been trying to scout out Muzan's hiding place. Despite the Master saying she could call of the crows she decided against, only putting in more precautions so they'd be safer.

"SQUAWK, we apologize again Lady Y/n, he seems to hide himself well." Anashi squawked.

"SQUAWK, we should just stop, like. SQUAWK. This is ridiculous SQUAWK, Ridiculous! I say we leave it to the slayers!" Hina squawked.

"As much as I understand your twos frustration Master left this task up to us, so even if its hard we must continue." Her e/c eyes curled up with her smile, "The slayers already have a big responsibility keeping us safe."

The two birds looked at her then each other, seemingly admiring the girls words.

We understand SQUAWK, Lady Y/n." Anashi flapped his wings starting to ascend to the sky, "Well head out again soon!"

Y/n nodded and waved as the two crows flew away, her hand then gently went up to caress her neck. It had been two weeks since she had gone to the hot springs, due to the incident she had a burly bruise wrapping around her neck. Her brother had such a fit she swore that if she didn't physically go in between him and Kanae he would've ripped her apart.

Sweat dropping at the memory she got up and headed towards the estate's medicinal room. Due to the intense training the birds went through, most of them couldn't handle it and collapsed on their first day. In result of that the L/n family estate had a room installed just for situations where bird was sick or got injured. If a crow had gotten injured or sick while on a mission, they could also travel back to the estate to receive medical help from the current crow handler.

The girl opened boxes and coolers that held herbs and medicines, taking note of things that were running out and what was gone out of supply completely.

'Let's see...' she thought wiping her hands off on her kimono, 'I have all the herbs I need but one. I'm pretty sure saw it in Kanae-Chan's Garden though, I wonder if she'll lend me some'

Y/n walked out of the room and motioned for a random crow to come over to her, lifting her finger up so it could perch on it. "Hey there." She smiled with her eyes curving up into crescents, "You're in training, aren't you?"