Ch10: Savior

"GAH! YOU BITCH!"

"GAH! YOU BITCH!"

            She didn't know how but somehow Y/n had made it out of the estate's wall, fleeing into the forest. The demon was fast and nimble easily catching up to her, only failing to reach her because of the branches she threw at his face. Even though it only seemed to infuriate him more, it was the only thing slowing him down. She was quickly losing stamina; she was never trained to be athletic like her brother. She only trained her penmanship so she could write better reports to the Master when she was younger. Y/n grunted as she tripped over a tree root, quickly trying to get back up again. Yet, she was too late, her e/c eyes filled with despair as she felt the demons claws piercing into her. They pulled her back, making her land flat on her back with an "oof!" The demon climbed on top of her, straddling her waist as he wrapped his hands around her neck. Even more tears fell down her face as she helplessly gasped for air.

            "I was going to make you go quickly as a favor, but you threw that all away shithead!" he sneered before doing a completely 180 and laughing, "Man look at you! Humans are so helpless!" He cackled, squeezing her already bruised neck tighter. "I know I'll make you a deal, become a demon! You had all those birds under you even without any powers, that's pretty cool man!" He rasped, "Just imagine what you could do with-"

            "I-I-I r-refuse." She rasped, turning her head away in disgust weakly, trying to talk even with his hands on her neck.

            He lessoned his grip and leaned down to her face, "Now why is that? Being a demon is great!" He laughed, "We don't get sick, we can't die, we don't need money, we aren't weak! You saw me I'm faster than the naked eye can follow! I can throw people around with my pinky! Come on kid, you're so weak and hopeless don't you want to change that!"

            "Y-your right..." Y/n croaked her e/c eyes closing as tear spilled town her cheeks, "I am weak."

            He smiled

            "But I-I-I refuse."

            His smile dropped and he tightened his hands once again, she only cried more helping the demon deplete her oxygen levels faster.

            "You idiot! You could've lived forever; you could've had all the time in the world to get stronger!" he raged.

            Why was it taking so long for her to run out of oxygen? Y/ns lips curved up, maybe it was because she was so used to depleting her oxygen by yelling at the crows what to do and not do, scolding them left and right with praises ever so often. What would they do with her gone? Would Oniichan take over? He couldn't, well if he did not well, he didn't have the family gift that was passed down generation to generation. Without her, would the demon slayers stop having Kagusai crows? That couldn't happen, if it did, the corps would fall apart. But what could she do? She was trapped, and just like the demon said, weak. She was like this little insignificant bug to him; he could squish her any second. The only reason he took his time was to take out his rage on her.