Ch24: One Half Now Gone.

It had been around five months since Sanemi's welcoming party and now the Y/n was zoned out, staring at the sky

It had been around five months since Sanemi's welcoming party and now the Y/n was zoned out, staring at the sky. She was standing outside, behind her new estate that had been finished being built a month or two after the attack. Her home was now down the mountain and nearer to the Master and HQ so there was less of a walk, which she was glad about, she would be able to visit everyone easier. Kanae was with her too, helping her set up her new garden. Crows flew about, cawing happily, as they adjusted to the new environment.

            "Y/n-Chan!" A voice called out breaking the girl's daydreams.

            "Yes?"

            "Ara, ara what are you thinking about? I've been calling your name for a while now. You're not sick, are you?" Kanae worriedly asked, walking up next to her.

            "No, I'm fine, thank you." Y/n smiled, now directing her attention to the Hashira, "Thank you for helping me out today by the way, I know you don't get much time off like Oniichan..."

            "No, no, your fine! Plus, I've been wanting to spend some time with you before my next mission!" The Flower Hashira said waving it off, "Plus, Shinobus doing fine on her own at the estate."

            "Are Kanao-San and Aoi-San still training to become a demon slayers?"

            "Yes! Aoi a lot more so, but Kanao is still doing some training!"

            Y/n hummed and nodded in response, "Mmm, good for them. I trust with you as their trainer they're doing good."

            Kanae pulled her cheeks playfully, "Aww! Stop that you're making me blush!"

            They both giggled.

            "When's your next mission Kanae-Chan?"

            The purple eyed girl sighed, "Tomorrow..."

            "You don't seem too happy." Y/n answered sarcastically.

            "Ara, ara. Look at you being all sassy now, what happened to my old Y/n." Kanae sighed, "My, my all grown up now..." She giggled for a moment before her mouth curved down, "It just seems all so pointless..."

            "Hm?"

            "The endless fighting and wars we have, especially with the demons..."

            "I agree Kanae-Chan, it's horrible that people and crows alike have to fight what seems like an endless battle. Hopefully we can exterminate the demons soon..."