Ch35: Tension Rising

A/n- Hey guys sorry for not updating for awhile

               A/n- Hey guys sorry for not updating for awhile. I couldn't use my computer and had to wait a few days to update since all my stories are on word! Which you would know if you followed me....Anyways! Enjoy the story!

Tw: Mentions of substance abuse and some fighting (because coke bottle head is in this chapter)

 "It's been a while my adorable swordsman, how have you all been doing?" Ubuyashiki asked as he sat on the engawa, Y/n sitting a bit behind him as usual.

Ever since Y/n had been introduced to the Hashira, and become friends with them, she started going to their meetings too. She enjoyed it, it helped her keep up more with what was going on in the world.

"We are fine." Sanemi replied, "But you and Y/n-Sans health is the most important of all, so how are you two doing?"

The Master sighed, smiling, "Things have gotten a bit lonelier since before, Kibutsuji is still growing in strength as well." He glanced at the girl behind him.

"I am fine as well Sanemi, thank you for asking." She nodded happily. She hadn't seen Sanemi until now since her last fainting spell fiasco, so she missed him, and was excited to talk to him afterwards.

Her mouth curved into a sad smile, "But forgive us, as we will have to ask all of you to take on more requests and missions in due time. Oyakata-Sama and I want you all to support each other and the younger slayers, as well as strive to achieve your duties more than ever before. As Master has said, Kibutsuji is growing stronger."

All the Pillars nodded, and Sanemi spoke up again, "Understood." He gritted his teeth slightly, "By the way if I may...why is a non-pillar swordsman here? What happened to our Flame Pillar Rengoku Shinjuro?"

All the Pillars glanced to the side where Rengoku Kyojuro was sitting quietly. The young Flame haired boy glanced quietly at Hikaru who gave him a reassuring nod, seeing this, Kyojuro went to speak,

"My Father is-"

He was quickly cut off by the Wind Pillar though, "Hey!" Rengoku watched as his eyes grew wilder and somewhat darker, "Are you really fit to be a pillar stand-in?"

Kyojuro clenched his jaw slightly, obviously now feeling the pressuring aura of the Pillars. A feeling of respect grew in him as he realized how strong his senior core members where.