Ch51: Warmth in the Shadows.

A/n-  I didn't really like this or the last chapter but here we 

"What the hell woman!? You think you can just barge in here!?" Shinjuro spat, now standing up as his whole body swayed, "I'm not even a part of the core anymore!"

"I know, I'm the one that kicked you out remember?" She smirked, "Though I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't, seeing that you can't even remember the last wishes of your wife."

His eyes got wide, "What did you say you wen-"

"You see, what we have here is a failure of communication." She said, staring at him, "I told you that you weren't qualified to kill and hurt demons anymore, due to...obvious circumstances."

He tched.

"However, that doesn't mean you can go around hitting down humans. Especially children."

Smirking, he laughed, "What are you talking about now?"

"Wow, the alcohol must've really gotten to your brain." She said, head tilting to the side, "Your son?" Chuckling, she said, "I'm sorry you must not remember that either." She continued in a demeaning voice, "You see... you have TWO sons, these two sons you made with your late wife RUKA. Unfortunately for you though, she's in a better place." She tapped her chin, "Though...seeing how you are, fortunate for her..."

A bottle flew by her head and a fury of footsteps came towards her. The man grabbed her collar, slightly pulling her up,

"You have some balls huh!?" He yelled, practically nose to nose with her, "That brother of yours must've rubbed off on you more than I thought!"

"You know..." She smiled, looking him right in the eye, "This reminds me of a situation I had some time ago..." Raising her eyebrows slightly, her smile fell a bit, "You know with Muzan?"

"You had a conversation with that lunatic!?"

"Oh...you didn't know? He kidnapped me a while ago..."

He narrowed his eyes, his grip becoming tighter on her collar.

"Do you know..." She grinned, leaning into him, "What I asked him?"

He made an agitated noise as she batted her eyes at him. Who was this girl? Why was she so calm!? The Y/n he knew would be crying into a puddle on the floor right now! Taking his off-guard stance as a chance, she pushed him back a bit which due to the alcohol, easily made him let go of her as he fell on the floor. She turned away from him.

"I asked him this." She glanced back at him, "What is the value of life to you?"

He froze, "Those words."