2| Irina Smirnov

The words which came out of her mouth killed me, I mean I shouldn't care or anything

When I came in to apologize to her and didn't get any response I was scared for the first time. Scared that she did something stupid to harm herself. I wasn't scared of anything but this seemed to scare the shit out of me.

I knocked on the bathroom door but it was locked and yet again no response, it sounded so quiet in there. I kicked the door twice and it came flying to the middle of the bathroom.

I looked over the tub and saw her little hands hanging over and her head under water. I've never cling on to something or someone so tightly.

Seeing as she gasped for air made me calm down as I placed her down on the bed and scolded her. She yelled back at me and that was something I hated. I was about to punch anything as anger consumed me.

"You're going to hit me again, go ahead." She said but her cries stopped me. It wasn't her I was going to punch but something, anything. As much as she got me upset, I couldn't bring myself to do it.

NO ONE SPEAKS TO ME LIKE THAT. NO ONE. I walked out of the room before I made everything worse.

"Sir there are visitors here to see you." Michel spoke to me looking agitated.

"Let them in and get me more information on Irina in ten minutes, not a minute late or early or else." I managed to spit out and rubbed on my temples. This woman gave me a headache.

"Yes sir." He swiveled and rushed down the stairs. I wasn't expecting anyone. As I walked down the stairs I couldn't help but feel annoyed. What the fuck was he doing here?

"Good morning son." Walked my mother alongside Valero. My mother is the sweetest human ever, I always wondered how she ended up with a monster like this man. I'm sure she will be displeased when she finds out what I've done.

Not what I've done but all that is happening in the dungeons. She doesn't have to know all this. It's my business after all.

Mother was buoyant, hasn't father spoken about the girl yet? I asked myself. This SOB hasn't. He always does this and I have to take the blame or deal with it myself.

"Where's the girl, Giovanni?" My father questioned with such a big smile plastered on his face which made me want to wipe it away with one slap.
"Hello Maria." I gave out a stern look to Valero gesturing that he stopped whatever conversation he started. As I thought, my mother interrupted asking what girl.

My father has been away on business and every time he called he made sure that he reminded me that I need to have a woman on my side, someone who can conceive heirs to run the mafia business.

I got sick and tired of him asking hence why I lied about finding someone.

Why does he even care?

Oh wait, the only thing he cares about is the business and I hated the fact that he made me one of him.

The worst thing ever is that he came earlier than he said he would. Three months early.

"Why don't we arrange dinner for tonight at six so that the two of you can get to meet her?" I looked at my mom seeing confusion written over her face as I ignored the question she asked.

I hated Valero regardless of whether or not he is my father. He never acted like one. With a nod the two left the house that smirk still across Valero's fucking face. He knew exactly what he was doing.

***

I entered my office expecting there to be a file on my desk. This fucker, I told him in ten minutes. He is 2 minutes late.

I relaxed in my chair thinking about Irina. I found myself smiling, something I don't do.

What is this girl doing to me?

She is mine and I will make sure of it. I just have to take this one step at a time to make sure she doesn't hate me like she said earlier.

A knock at the door made me come back to reality and I was thankful the fucker didn't barge in. "Come in." I sat, hands crossed over my chest.

Guess who, just fucking guess who. I glared at him, my eyebrows furrowing together. "What part of ten minutes don't you get, Michel?" He held his head down, like some kid. "Michel!" I scolded.

He jerked and began stuttering. "Boss, the computer system glitched and all information got lost and I had to start over again." He finally spoke.

"How the fuck did the computer system glitch? I told Tomasso to fix them about a week ago. Next time this happens I'm slitting both of you'll throats. Get the fuck out." I admonished.

My blood was boiling hot. Why does everyone fail to follow my orders? Do they not understand who I am?

"Yes sir." He stuttered and placed the file on my desk.

"Michel next time I speak to you, don't you fucking stutter." I scoffed before he left my office. I picked up the file set in front of me and opened it.

Irina Inessa Smirnov
Age: 20
Job: Waitress
Parents: Unknown
Siblings: Piero Smirnov
DOB: September 25th

What does this mean? Her parents are unknown? This idiot.

I pulled out my phone and dialed the number. "Yes boss." The idiot answered. I could hear screams from the other end and this calmed me down.

"Michel, why are her parents unknown? I asked for all her information." I yelled.

"I'm sorry boss, this was all I found. She lived with her brother after she was placed in an orphanage. It says so on the next page."

Why was her identity false? She sure had parents, evil ones. Why wasn't it mentioned?

I hung up the call and continued turning the pages. A picture of her in her work attire caught my attention. She looked just as beautiful in the photo as in real life.

I kept reading and nothing about her parents came up. This was weird. I closed the file and sat back in my chair, opening a next. This is going to be a long day.