19| La famiglia González

"Hey, principessa

"Hey, principessa." Giovanni called out as he entered the house. I had just come out of the kitchen from having lunch. He looked miserable and also had stains of blood on his shirt.

"Oh my gosh Gio, are you okay?" I ran towards him.

"I'm fine, I just need a shower and a nap." He said, rubbing his temples. "Care to join me?" He smirked.

"I already showered, no thank you." I said, making him frown. I needed to know where he went and what happened. I don't want to be left in the dark anymore. We've spoken about this before. I'm part of his life now and he is part of mine.

I never thought that I would be here today. If someone told me that I would be with a mafia boss I wouldn't believe any word but here I am living that.

"Tonight, my family is coming over for dinner." Giovanni said as he entered the bathroom.

"Why is it now that you're telling me about this? I haven't got anything to wear." I said, walking behind him.

"I was caught up in work Irina, don't blame me." He said annoyed. "You have plenty of outfits in your closet. I'm sure you can find something." He shrugged.

"Where have you been anyways. You've been gone for hours."

"Just some business at the warehouse."

"Gio, we've been living together for over a year now. Don't hide anything from me."

"There's nothing that you should know." He denied.

"Then explain the blood on your shirt." I crossed my arms.

"Princess, let me get out of the shower then I will feel you in about everything." He sighed. "If you're not going to join me you can stop staring."

I sat impatiently on the bed after Giovanni told me to leave the bathroom. He was taking longer than before. Suddenly the thought of my brother came to mind. I really miss him. I wonder if I let Gio know that I want to see him what his response would be. Maybe that's a bad idea. Maybe I'll meet him on my own. Giovanni doesn't have to know.

"What are you thinking about?" He said, startling me.

"Who said anything about me thinking? I wasn't thinking about anything." I said, trying to sound convincing.

"You're lying, Irina. Explain why you're fidgeting with your fingers. You do this when you lie sweetheart." He said, piercing me with his dark eyes.

"That's besides the point, why was there blood on your clothes?"

"Long story short, I was called to the warehouse to deal with someone."

"You killed him?" I shockingly asked. "What could he have done? Why would you kill him?"

"He tried stealing from me, princess." He said, climbing into bed.

"That's no reason for you to kill him. I'm sure there was another alternative to deal with him. I'm sure he did it for a good reason, Gio."