32| What's the plan?

I sat in my office at seven, I know, it's way early for Antonio to be at the house

I sat in my office at seven, I know, it's way early for Antonio to be at the house. There are books I can try out. I love romantic books and I'm hoping that's what he got me. I was right. I squealed, picking one from the five I took off the shelf. I wondered where Giovanni could be. He's been in and out for the whole week.

Did I miss him? Of course I did since last night... I pushed away my thoughts. No, I didn't miss him, I had no reason to but my mind says otherwise. I was getting bored here. The door knob slowly turned, making me dash out of my seat.

Giovanni glanced at the book in my hand then at me. "I've seen you've been settling down and up and about. Anything you would like to tell me?" He shot me a questionable look. He knows what I've been doing around here, why lie? I can't let him know now, I'm waiting on Antonio for the files so that I can prove to Giovanni. "Are you going to say anything?" He scoffed.

"Give me some time Giovanni. I will let you know."

"When Irina, When? You left the house after I specifically told you not to and for fucks sake hacked my cameras in my office and now you're telling me I have to wait, I've waited impatiently for three whole fucking days. You know if you weren't behind this, Antonio would have met his death, right?"

"Don't you fucking raise for voice at me, Gonzalez. I told you to give me some time. That's all I'm asking. Get the fuck out of my office." I pointed to the door.

"Don't you fucking tell me what to d-"

"Get the fuck out, Gonzalez." I scolded. His jaw clenched and fingers balled into a fist but he walked away, he left my office. I didn't feel like letting him know anything anymore. He didn't have to raise his fucking voice at me. I threw the book across the room and began massaging my temples. I heaved a sigh. Antonio would be here in any minute so I needed to put the books away. If Giovanni thinks he punishes Antonio for something I caused, he'd be damn fooled. Soon, like I expected, Antonio knocked on the door before entering. In his hands were two black folders.

"Giovanni just came in here making a complete fool out of himself. He wanted answers and all I asked was some time because you get here at nine."

"I think you should bring these to him." He handed the files over to me. "Giovanni doesn't like waiting. That's one thing I can tell you."

"He can fucking wait, he's being stubborn and I'm not putting up with this shit. I need to look at these before handing it over to him. Is everything in there?" I flipped through the first page.

"Yes." He replied. I sat there reading. 'Anyone who leaves, wishes death upon themselves.'

"This sounds more like some cult to me." I opened Rosa's file. Her mother fell pregnant with her and her father wanted out. They were married and her father was never expected to leave the business. He was forced into hiding, for his daughter's future. Her parents knew too much and now Rosa is six, being four back then, she talks. Now that I know this, I'm going to be their next target. "Now we show this to him." I got up and barged through Giovanni's office, Antonio behind me. "Here you fucking go." I slammed the files on his desk. "Ever wondered why the fuck they're after Rosa?" I pushed the files closer to him. Antonio stood there, eyes wide open.

"Irina, don't you dis-"

"Read the fucking file and shut up. Yes, I did sneak into your office for ampoules." He turned the page displaying the pink powder then glanced at me. "Yes, it's cocaine." I placed my hands on my hips.

"How do you know it's cocaine?"

"Antonio, get the box in my bottom drawer." I shifted my gaze back to Giovanni. "All the way in Potenza, yes I did turn the GPS device off because I didn't want you getting involved."

"You were in danger, Irina. You could have gotten hurt."

"But I didn't. I killed three of them and came back without any bruises."

"And that's fun to you?" How did he know I said that? I chose to ignore his question. Antonio came back just in time.

"Hand it over to him." I pointed my index at Giovanni. He opened the box and looked confused.

"Why are they like rose quartz? This is smart." He shrugged. "Where did you get this? They will be after you too, Irina."

"They already found me, Giovanni." He shifted his fingers to the door, signaling Antonio to leave.

"Is this why you fucking crushed your phone Wednesday night? I should have never allowed you to speak to this SOB. I'm going to kill him." He yelled.

"Don't you fucking yell at me, Gonzalez. How do you know I did that?"

"I have cameras everywhere in the fucking house, Irina." Oh my, last night. I was lost for words. My cheeks heated up, I felt embarrassed and he seemed to notice because he chuckled deeply.

"What now? Do we work together? I have a plan, we just need to try getting Leonardo's number." There it is, the answer he always wanted. Yes, I'm staying. Yes, I'll work with him.

"Why would I put your life at risk, Irina?" This asshole doesn't know what he wants.

"Giovanni, I can't let them hunt down our daughter. If you're going to kill every single one of them, I'm helping." As much as I didn't want to mention that she is our daughter, it's the truth. "Antonio." I shouted. "Get in here."

"Why am I needed?" Antonio barged in.

"Is this how he talks to you? What happened to respect?" Giovanni spoke.

"There is nothing wrong with the way he speaks to me, Giovanni. How others speak to you, is not how I want them to speak to me." I shook my head. Giovanni looked at me like I was speaking trash. "Where was I? Antonio, I need you to get Tommaso the sim from the crushed phone. We need to get Leonardo to meet up with me, he won't know I'm not coming alone."

"No, I'm not making you meet up with this puttano." Giovanni interrupted.

"Thanks for the comment sherlock." I shot him an eye. "When he meets me I'm going to distract him and spike his drink and that's when sherlock comes in with the chloroform and you get him." I spoke to Antonio. "You will be driving Antonio so someone else needs to come with us."

"James." Giovanni babbled.

"Not happening. What about, Alejandro? We can't be sure James will make it alive because I'll kill him myself." Giovanni and Antonio both laughed. "I'm serious." I slapped my palm on the desk and it got silent. "I know you torture men but this time I'll be doing the torturing." I smirked.

"No you're not doing shit." Giovanni blurted out surprisingly. "You're in no position to torture a man."

"We'll see about that sherlock." I rolled my eyes. "We need to find who he works for. I just need to speak to him every night until he asks me to meet up with him like he always did." Giovanni didn't look content about that but it has to be done. We all left the office in search of Tommaso.