25| Everything has changed

"Miss Irina, you've arrived

"Miss Irina, you've arrived." Someone said, shaking me softly.

"Where am I and where is my daughter?" I rudely asked. Nothing gets me more frustrated than someone waking me up from my sleep.
"You're at the mansion and Mr. Gonzalez brought Rosa in already. She was sound asleep ma'am." She continued. This was not the mansion I left a year ago. I couldn't quite make out the color it was painted in but it was way bigger than the other, this time it's taller. The lights lit up its perimeter like lanterns in an open sky. It looked magical but what was the reason for changing locations? Olivia quickly came to mind. It's been a year since I have seen her. I feel awful.

"Miss Irina, you okay?" I was so caught up in thoughts and completely blocked out this young lady speaking to me.

"Yes, I'm fine. I'm sorry about that."

"Follow me." She replied. This was a cold response, I apologized and she ignored me. What am I walking into? Everything has changed, she used a card to enter the building and also wore a name tag. The ceilings were glass and large silver chandeliers hung below them. The floors were marble and walls painted white. I couldn't help but stare in awe. "Right this way, ma'am."

"Please call me Irina." I said.

"Sorry, I'm just following orders." She replied. I already had a bad feeling about this place. I entered a bedroom and it was very beautiful. Rosa layed peacefully under the covers. At least he gave me a room to myself, I thought. My phone began buzzing in my handbag, I just flew on the bed. I picked up the phone to answer and realized this number was not saved in my phone. Who could be calling me at eight in the night.

"How may I help you at this hour?" I spoke, as I went over to the wall for support. It was quiet on the other line.

"Is this Irina?" The male voice finally spoke. I recognized this voice. Why did he call me after Giovanni almost snapped his neck. He was this close and I don't recall giving this guy my phone number. "It's Leonardo, the guy at the park. You gave me your number before you went to buy ice cream for your daughter." He excitedly said.

"Oh hey Leonardo. How can I help you?" I asked. It was suddenly dark behind the door where light crept from beneath. Maybe it's just the lights being switched off, I wondered. I didn't think anything of it. After all, I didn't hear any footsteps approaching.

"I just wanted to apologize for what happened at the park today and who is this jerk anyways?" I swore he rolled his eyes even if I could not see him. This was something he did a lot during our five minute conversation at the park.

"Just my brother, nothing more." I awkwardly laughed. I can't just tell him who Giovanni is. "He just doesn't like me talking to random guys." I continued.

"Oh the protective brother I see." He replied. It was fun chatting with Leonardo. I spent hours on the phone with him. We made jokes and laughed at some which made no sense at all.

"I should be going now. It was fun talking to you Leonardo." I smiled.

"Maybe we can speak tomorrow night if that's fine with you." He replied. Butterflies swarm around my stomach. I really like talking to him and I also picked up his accent. Giovanni can't find out about this because if he does, who knows what he will do.

"My pleasure." I giggled and ended the phone call. "It's midnight? Oh shit." I hurriedly got off the floor to the bed. How could we have been talking for four hours? This has never happened before. Do I have feelings for this guy? I mean he is sexy, any girl would kill to be with him.

I laid there in the dark looking at the ceiling and couldn't stop smiling. I hadn't noticed the lights were switched back on from outside the room. I slowly drifted to sleep not thinking anything about this although it was weird.