45| What a day!

We'd driven all the way to Campobasso in a cafe to meet with this woman called Éloise

She waited at an outside table with a newspaper in her hand, looking expensive, chic. Her black hair loose over her shoulder.

"Good morning, Éloise. Meet my fiance Irina." I stuck my arm to her. I felt ashamed for sending her that note. I'm sure she would do the same if this was her man.

"Pleased to finally meet you." She shook my hand. "Have a seat." She pointed to two seats. "Giovanni might have told you everything. Let's get down to business." She had this heavy french accent. One you wouldn't know if she never spoke. I expected something different. "Describe your dream dress to me, Irina." She wasted no time. We sat there discussing everything she needed to know.

Éloise is really nice and turns out that she likes women. My cheeks burned hot from embarrassment when she mentioned it. This went better than I expected.

When we departed, we had to drive all the way to Florence at Pitti Palace for the second meeting with some man I've never heard of before. This meeting lasted longer than I expected. Stefano, I heard Gio called him just wanted to buy weapons, lots of them. What would he do with them all?

I excused myself for a moment to look at the beautiful art hung on the wall. I stayed in the room where Giovanni could see me. I knew he wouldn't like it if I went away from his sight.

This is how a typical day works for Giovanni, meetings, shipments, missions to torturing men in the dungeons but I still love him and he loves me.

"Hey." I answered the phone when I saw who was calling.

"Where are you? We're going out shopping for the baby and for your wedding. Where can we pick you up?" Anastasia spoke. This is something fun.

"I'm at a business meeting at Pitti Palace with Giovanni." I replied.

"Stay there, we're coming to get you." She finished off. I sat back down, looking at my poorly done fingernails. I heard the sound of an engine roaring and I knew it was Olivia driving. She's turned into something much darker than she was before but we all did when the time was right.

I studied the room and set my eyes on a weird looking object. I went over to it, passing my hand all over until I felt something. I yanked it off to see it was a small microphone. Someone knew Giovanni would be here. It wasn't Stefano, he'd been with us and what was the need to use a microphone when he's the one in charge of his business.

I scanned the object with my fingers until I stumbled on something. I pulled out my phone, punching in Tommaso's cellphone number. "I found this at the museum we're in," I spoke over the phone.

"Where's Giovanni? Does he know about this?" He replied. "Put me on facetime." And I did that.

"Giovanni is over there." I turned around, showing Giovanni.

'You've already disconnected it, that's good. These fucking military comrades are messing with the wrong men." I heard him clicking his computer keys. "When Giovanni is done, let him know. There could be more, I'm sending Dimitri over." He ended the call. I waited patiently until Stefano left.

"Baby, I found this." I handed him the device.
He gritted his teeth, "I know, I watched when you pulled it out. We need to get you away from here."

"Anastasia is on her way to pick me up. We're going shopping." He handed me his credit card and pulled me out of the room. "Dimitri is on his way here. Tommaso sent him." He nodded and my phone rang. "They're here." He kissed my lips softly and slipped a gun down my pouch.

"Have fun, princess. If something doesn't feel right, get back to Napoli. Remember no more mistakes. Be careful, baby." He sent me off. I knew nothing big was going to happen hence why I wanted to be with him but he wouldn't let that happen.

***

After a long day of shopping and coming back home with many bags, I felt exhausted. We had to call for Flanco because the vehicle Olivia and Elena drove got filled with decorations and groceries. Someone else could have done this but we wanted to.

Entering the house we were greeted by Isabella, Abigail and Rosa. The men were in the cinema room watching an action movie and the girls complained. "Rosa, you could have let daddy put on cartoons for you on the television." I sighed.

"We want everyone in here with us." Abigail chimed in. Elena walked past us in the direction of the room the men were in. We all watched her return with seven huge angry men behind her. They could take her down instantly but wouldn't dare.

"All done girls. Let's go watch some cartoons." She showed the men the way. We all spent time laughing and discussing what happened at the military. Giovanni would be assassinating the man behind this. Tommaso had tracked him down because of the camera they found and they'd be doing it soon because we all have a wedding to prepare ourselves for.