17| Everyone's going out

Giovanni stepped in the bedroom with his towel around his waist. What a site to wake up to.

"You're awake princess." He said, planting a kiss on my forehead.

"With you singing like this, I had to." I rolled my eyes. "Where are you off to?" I was confused. "It is like six in the morning." I continued.

"I sing beautifully." He scoffed and I laughed.

"I'm off to the warehouse princess. Got to take care of some business down there. Make sure everything is going smoothly." He said, fixing his tie.

"I'm coming with you." I said, climbing out of bed.

"Maybe next time." He said. "Breakfast will be prepared for you. I'll be home late. Don't wait for me." He added. Why was he going to be back late? I didn't want to ask any questions. I just frowned. "I'm off now." He turned to me to kiss my lips.

"Bye. Have a nice day." I sighed. Although I knew it wasn't going to be like this.

"You'll miss me around I know." He chuckled and I flew a pillow at him.

"Get out." I yelled and he left.

***

After showering, I went down to the kitchen to have breakfast. "What's for breakfast?" I called out as I entered the kitchen.

"Good morning Miss Smirnov." A male voice greeted me.

"Good morning and you are?" I asked, muffled. Where is Olivia? Why is this guy in the kitchen?

"I'm Roberto, the new chef, madam. It's nice to meet you." He smiled. Why didn't Giovanni tell me about hiring a new chef? What did he do with Olivia?

"Bitch guess what." Olivia yelled, walking into the kitchen. "Oh you already found out." She laughed. Roberto and I just stared at each other in shock. I could see that he wanted to laugh.

"Oli, meet Roberto." I awkwardly blurted out.

"I know Roberto. I picked him out as the new chef. He is skilled." She said.

"And why didn't Gio and you tell me anything about it."

"Surprise." She said and the three of us laughed. Roberto handed us our breakfast and we all sat at the table introducing ourselves. There was no reason at all to be feeling like this but I wished Giovanni told me about this.

"These waffles are delicious, Rob." I said. "Don't worry about the nickname. Looks like Giovanni got another chef to hire." I blurted out and Olivia and I started laughing.

"Thank you." He said.

"No, thank you." Olivia said and we left the kitchen.

"Nia, Micah and I are going to lunch. Can you babysit the twins for me?" She stopped me to ask. Why wouldn't I help her out? I want her to be happy.

"I'll be in the living room. When you're ready to leave you can drop them off for me." I hugged her and she smiled.

"What would I do without you?" she said. She could do lots of things without me.

"Everything." I called out as I walked up the stairs.

***

It's been hours since Oli left. "Isabella, don't pull Abigail's hair."

Isabella is very stubborn. She doesn't listen. I just went to get Abigail water and she is gone. She crawled to the mansion's front door and I could swear that she cursed me even though she is one year old.

"Why can't you be more like Abigail?" I asked, picking her up from the floor.

Abigail is very sweet. She would listen when you speak to her and could put to bed without a fuss.

I haven't had a chance to relax and watch Gray's Anatomy and it's already 9 o'clock. Putting Isabella to bed was difficult. She would wail for no reason at all.

"Oli better walk through that door, I can't take it anymore." I whispered under my breath.

"Can't take what? Oh my sweet baby, missed mommy?" She said, picking Isabella up from her cradle. How come I didn't hear her walk in the front door and where is Micah?

"How is she so stubborn? I haven't had a chance to do anything." I sighed.

"I named her after the right person." Olivia laughed. I couldn't help but feel annoyed. Isabella is nothing like me.

"How'd your date go?" I asked, changing the subject.

Fun was the only thing she said. Maybe she is just tired.

"I'll be off now Oli. I'm really exhausted." I yawned and went to my room.

***

"What the fuck is that." I screamed, turning on my lamp. Why was there a wet cat in my bed and Giovanni is soundly asleep.

"Get the fuck up." I shook Giovanni vigorously.

"What seems to be the matter now?" He said in between yawns. Is he being serious right now?

"Why is there a cat in my bed?"

"Our bed." He corrected me. "I see you've met Kitty." He said, picking up the cat and placing her on the carpet next to the bed. Why would he even have a cat and where did he get it? I just stared at him demanding answers.

"I found her wailing at the warehouse. She looked cold and hungry so I brought her home for you. Couldn't let the poor creature die." He said, climbing in bed.

"Since when does Giovanni Gonzalez care about animals?" I shrugged.

He ignored me for a second then answered, "Since Irina Smirnov came into my life." He pulled me closer to him, planting kisses on my face.

Although I love cats, waking up to a wet one sleeping next to me at three in the morning is unacceptable.

He wrapped his arms around my waist, "Get back to sleep princess."