31| Secrets

The full week I would be out of the house, I dropped Irina her favorite flowers to show my love for her

The full week I would be out of the house, I dropped Irina her favorite flowers to show my love for her. What pisses me off is that she spent every fucking night talking to Leonardo. I know I said I won’t stop her from talking to him but I was angry on the inside, wanting to cut his tongue so that he doesn’t speak to what is mine.

I knew she would go to her office today. I read her like a book. I watch my cameras from home when I leave the house and I also know who leaves and where they go. I stayed at the warehouse with Micah and Dimitri as I had product coming in and money to be washed. My phone started beeping and I glanced at the screen. The GPS device on one of my vehicles had been shut down.

I wasted no time in calling James back at the house. “Who left the fucking house, where is Irina?” I had scolded over the phone. “She’s not supposed to leave the fucking house, James.” 

“She fought me sir and she left with Antonio.” Why would they leave, I trust Antonio enough to not do anything stupid. He knows how fucking dangerous it is.

“The fucking GPS device is turned off on the vehicle. Get Tommaso to track down Antonio’s phone right now. I’m giving you ten fucking minutes.” If anything happens to Irina, I’m killing this SOB. She must have forced him. I did tell him to do everything she says but not this, leave the fucking house. I couldn’t focus on anything around me. What if something happens to her? “Fuck.” I lost my temper, slamming my phone against the wall in front of me. 

“Everything good, boss?” Dimitri questioned. 

“Don’t you fucking question me Dimitri, do your job right and hand me your phone. I need to make a call at the house.” I scoffed. After he handed me it and went on with his business, I phoned James. Time was up. “Where the fuck are they heading?” I bellowed. 

“They’re heading to Potenza and we managed to record what they are saying sir. We just need to connect it to your phon-”

“Use this phone, mine is gone.” I broke him off.

“Done, it looks like they’re looking for a house.” She was the one giving directions and details. What was she up to? “We got a location sir. They’re at Parco del Rossellino where there is plenty of vegetation.” What are you up to Irina? The car door closed and they walked away from the vehicle. The fucker left his phone in the vehicle. I was hoping nothing happened to her, I’ve never been this frustrated. We just waited. Thirty minutes passed and nothing. Gunshots. There were fucking gunshots.

 “Fuck.” I yelled. I couldn’t have done anything, Potenza was an hour away. 

“Time to leave ragazza.” Antonio spoke. He was in the vehicle but where the fuck was Irina. “Get in.” He shouted and the gunshots faded away. I breathed out a sigh of relief. They weren’t hurt but I was bewildered when she said she had fun and they both laughed. 

“What?” James questioned over the phone. “That’s a first.” He dragged his words. I couldn’t believe it. 

“They’ll be back in an hour. Let me know everything.” I couldn’t believe it. She went on a mission to have something done on her own, without my help. I was feeling some type of jealousy that it wasn’t me with her but she’s safe that’s what matters. I let the guys know that and they were shocked. 

“Olivia hasn’t gone on her first one yet, she’s scared. For what? I have no idea. Brother you got the right one.” He said.

“I haven’t heard Anastasia say anything about fun either.” We were all shocked. All this time I thought she was nowhere safe in this business. It’s in her blood, she's a Costello. 

***

James called, “Irina demanded that I clean the car up before six thirty sir, that’s when you arrive. They were in a hurry to return to her office.” 

“Send me the security footage from her office right now.” I commanded. She hid something behind the books and they left. I’m waiting for her to tell me at dinner. Will she?

She didn’t. She acted like everything was normal. That same night someone was seen trying to break into the warehouse in Rome. Alejandro had called to let me know. Who the fuck was trying to break into my warehouse at this fucking time. Later that night, she talked to Leonardo. Something was wrong when I saw she crushed her phone. I’d been looking at her the entire night. She was trying to figure something out. 

The next day I paid close attention to security footage at the house. Antonio and Irina had been in her office the whole day. It was the last day of the week and she needed to let me know what she was doing. The cameras in my office then went black. 

Someone had hacked into it. If there was one place without security cameras it was Irina’s office. I didn’t want to watch every move that she made around the house, I wanted her to feel comfortable here but I regretted it. I’ve never spent this much time in my office. The cameras suddenly turned back on and everything was in place. “James, the cameras in my office were hacked. I need you to find the source which caused that.” I had a suspicion that they did it. What did they need from my office? I haven’t confronted them because whatever she was doing looked like something she wanted to do for a long time. Then Giana was called to bring in something to the office. I analyzed every minute of the footage. 

My phone rang, startling me, “Sir, the source came from the house, Irina’s office.”

 “Irina whatever you’re doing better be for a good cause,” I mused. No one fucking enters my office. Getting back from the restaurant down the street, I sat back in my seat and they were leaving. It was earlier than I expected. Irina’s hair was loose and she moved sluggishly. 

“This SOB had better not touch her in there.” I yelled. If it’s what happened I’m killing him and she would pay for it. I clenched my jaw together about to punch the fucking screen. Irina better fucking open her mouth and let me know what the fuck is going on. It’s been two fucking days, if someone else did that, they’d be dead by now. I’m taking too many chances with her. 

Guess fucking what, at dinner she still didn’t say a thing. She gave me one word responses after everything I asked her. I was losing it but I couldn’t, at least not in front of Rosa. Tonight she got to tug Rosa in bed again. I went straight to my bedroom which was around the corner. After a long shower and getting dressed for bed, something caught my attention. Irina, she was touching herself. 

“Giovanni.” She moaned loudly then quickly blocked her mouth. I wanted so badly to go in there and show her how much I missed her. Her touch, her kisses. She was making me go crazy. My cock was hard in my pants longing for her touch. I watched her, I needed to. Fuck. Her moans got louder, she was having an orgasm. “Fuck.” She screamed and I heard her, not on the footage but I heard her. “Shit, I shouldn’t have done that.” She heaved a sigh. “Someone must have heard me.” She flew out of bed. I laughed on the other side. 

“Yes princess, someone far away did hear you.” I laughed. After all what I put her through, she still touched herself thinking of me. What I thought happened in the office did not happen. I feel stupid for believing she would let someone else touch her the way I did. I’m only giving her till tomorrow to let me know what she is doing. No secrets again princess, I promise you this time.