27| My sanity

Since she left, I've had sleepless nights

Since she left, I've had sleepless nights. I hated myself for letting her leave, it was my worst regret. You could say Alexander crawled under my skin and I passed my anger on her, when she was just trying to be there for me. Every night I would get drunk and cause trouble. Micah tried talking me out of it but I couldn't. I wanted so much to bring her home but being stubborn she wouldn't. I couldn't kidnap her again because she would hate me, furthermore, kill me.

December 2nd, dealing with some fucking intruder in the basement. Alexander phoned me all giddy, speaking some bullshit. When he said her fucking name, out of anger I shot my gun at the man I tortured. "Don't you fucking touch her." I yelled through the phone and this sick SOB laughed before ending. I'm always one step ahead, Alejandro tracked into his system months before and I knew what the fucker did, when and where. If there was one person he's going to kill, it was Irina.

This time I left alone. When I saw her I wanted to run and hold her. She looked weak, he had her tied up. My blood boiled seeing her struggling and in pain and her brother, he was misled. Just like that this man killed his own blood. His own son and he didn't feel any remorse.

I watched as Irina screamed his name in pain and her pain was also mine. She let loose of her hand and pulled her gun from her boot, aiming it at him. Before he could pull the trigger, we both fired at the same time but my princess missed.

I studied her carefully, seeing she was shot and still managed to be strong. She also shot him many times making sure he was dead. I was proud of her but she nearly died, she missed him. I killed the fucking bastard. I wanted to reveal myself but she was angry and held a gun, who knows what she would have done to me.

December 25th, I sent Rosa a gift but she didn't know it was from me. A pink furry bucket hat with a white and pink big bear. I knew she would love it but the hat got blown away by the wind. "I'll get you another." Irina's words replayed in my head. She let Rosa understand she bought it, it did hurt. I got Irina a necklace which spelt out the words 'amore mio' and lingerie sleepwear. Isn't this what women like? Her card read 'from someone special' this was it.

January 1st, New Years Festival at the park. I knew she would bring Rosa there, it's all about the kids. She wore the necklace with a silver strapless dress which hugged her figure, not to mention heels. Is she damn mad? It's a fair for the kids, not a fashion show.

Her hair had grown pretty long and she looked more beautiful than I remembered. My jaw clenched when I saw another man making her laugh. I needed to stop it. My goal was to bring her home with me and it did happen although it was by force. They had been under attack and I wouldn't let her go. I was happy it happened in some way because I got my love back.

Tonight I felt heart broken, I needed to hold her and tell her everything is okay. Something I failed to do before but she pushed me away like I did to her. I sat at my desk and watched as she spoke on the phone with her friend. Leonardo? I'm hoping it's not the guy at the fair. This would be bad for all of us. It's happened for two nights now and for hours. He made her laugh but tonight she let him down and she cried herself to sleep. I watched Rosa on the other camera and she was sound asleep, these girls are my sanity and I need to keep them happy.

"Antonio, tomorrow I need you to be around so that you can help Irina with anything she needs." I spoke over the phone. I wanted Irina to feel welcomed here and that she can do whatever she pleases.

"No problem boss."

I got in bed and couldn't sleep. I got cameras in their rooms so that I make sure everything is alright. They're programmed to turn on only at nine in the night and that's when Rosa is sound asleep and Irina? In bed. I could hear Irina still crying, she really made me think she fell asleep. I wanted to go over to her so that she cried in my arms although I'm the reason she is like this. I don't know how I fell asleep but it happened.