23| Never coming back

~1 year later~

~1 year later~

"Look at me mommy." She giggled as she danced around the room in the pink dress I bought her. "I look like a princess." She twirled around.

"Yes. My princess." I laughed.

"I'm home." He called out as he entered the building. He did the shopping and everything we wanted. I missed him a lot and he sure did grow into a gentleman the time we spent apart.

"Uncle Piero." Rosa bolted towards him. "I was just showing mommy my dance moves." She said, showing it to him.

He burst into laughter, "Where did you learn those?" He continued laughing.

"Am I bad at dancing?" Rosa frowned and lowered her head in sadness.

"Oh no sweetheart, you are the best dancer I have ever seen." He lied, spinning her in his arms before she ran off happily.

"You shouldn't have lied to her, you know." I said, tugging my loose strands behind my ear.

"It's better than hurting her." He scoffed, placing the grocery bags on the kitchen counter. "How have you been doing?" He asked, his eyebrows pressing together in a thin line. Piero knew that what Giovanni did hurt me. It's been a few months since I changed my number. I couldn't be in contact with anyone from before because I know that Giovanni is looking for me which I don't fucking understand why. This SOB told me to leave.

But the question is do I really miss him? I like it here living with Piero and Rosa. I have nothing to worry about at all, I am safe here. I feel like garbage as I left Olivia without saying goodbye after she cried to me when she saw James. I had no choice but to leave. Giovanni's lifestyle is not for me.

"You always ask me that, Piero. The answer will always be the same; I am doing just fine. It was good to start fresh from everything that happened." I smiled at him. My stomach knotted as I lied to him. I am not fine at all but I can say that starting fresh was not a lie. I did let him know about Rosa's situation but not what Giovanni does for a living. It was for his own good. I also recently signed Rosa's adoption papers two months ago which was surprising since I was told the process takes two years. "I better get going to the gym." I said. Not once did I mention Alexander's name to Piero. He doesn't need to know about him after all he didn't know who the man was so that made everything better for me or so I thought. A small image slipped from a crack in the ceiling and I quickly realized who it was. Did they know each other? I wanted to puke, my head started spinning and I lost my balance.

"Are you okay?" Piero bolted through the doors. His eyes wandered to the ceiling then to my hands which I quickly hid the picture behind my back. He kept quiet. I'm sure he saw nothing.