29| Right under my nose

The food was quite delicious but I preferred Olivia's bruschetta

The food was quite delicious but I preferred Olivia's bruschetta. "Hey princess." I called out to Rosa who played in the sitting room with her dollhouse and something caught my eyes. A big bear which Rosa received for Christmas. It was him, Giovanni. He bought us these presents. How could I not think of this. The necklace which had 'amore mio' and the lingerie pajamas. I loved it, he bought it in my favorite color, red. "Who got you the bear?" I asked her before sitting next to her.

"Daddy got it at the house this morning. Are we staying here with him?" She questioned.

"Yes, yes Angela we are." I was certain. I've thought about this long enough now and it's best for Rosa to have Giovanni in her life.

"You've been gone for the entire day mommy, where have you been and you look pretty in your new outfit." She chuckled. She turned all her attention to me and sat on my lap. "Daddy would love to see you in this." She acknowledged and I gasped. Feeling embarrassed, she hid in my arms and that made me laugh.

"I've been working in my new office, daddy got me one." She squealed when I pinched her nose softly. "Do you know where he is?"

"He left for work and said he'll be back at seven for dinner."

I smiled at her and told her I get to leave for work at three. "Princess, what do you know about the bad men?" I suddenly asked her. I shouldn't have because she looked scared but I pulled her into a hug.

"Mommy always told me that Rosa means rose and that women are afraid of roses because of their thick thorns. She and dad are not from Italy but they never told me where. Also mommy kept rose quartz on my nightstand, in my treasure box." She said and hurried off to play again. Rosa. They named her after a rose.

We've been looking in the wrong direction all this time. They ran away from dangerous people. They stole something from them, they stole Rosa. They're not part of any group.

"Princess, I have to go back to work right now, I'll see you at dinner." I kissed her head. Right this instance Antonio walked in with some take-away boxes. "We need to get back to the office right now." I hurriedly walked down the hallway.

"You found something?" He questioned, keeping up with my pace.

"I figured it all out."

"I bought you pizza." He said, handing me the box. "What did you find?" He questioned as we entered the office.

"Thank you and we've been looking in the wrong direction all this time. Rosa also means rose in Spanish. This has more to do with just groups. She mentioned something about rose quartz in a closed box. This might be something more."

"So what do we do?" He shrugged, pacing back and forth.

"Is it possible that we go back to where she lived and find it? I'm sure everything is still there." Antonio was hesitant at first. He was more worried about what Giovanni would do to him.