20| Caught

The way Valero looked at us as we barged in, sent chills down my spine

The way Valero looked at us as we barged in, sent chills down my spine. Evil engulfed in black eyes.

Anastasia didn't seem to care. Is that what she meant by upsetting him more? Could she be upsetting him all the time?

I spotted Giovanni from the end of the table and an empty seat right next to him. Why didn't anyone come looking for us? Giovanni didn't look pleased that I entered late. I could see his jaw clenched when he looked up at Anastasia then at me.

I made my way over to him but he didn't look at me. What could I have possibly done? I don't know how these family dinners work. They're the ones who are late which was why I was caught up in a conversation that I had no idea was going to be of interest.

I couldn't bear the thought of him not speaking to me, "Why didn't anyone come looking for us?" I whispered.

Everyone sat at the table silently.

But why?

He stopped chewing like he was choosing which words to say but he didn't say anything. "Stop acting like a bitch and answer me." I whispered a second time but he still didn't utter a word. Instead he continued to eat his meal. "Why the f-" I was stopped by his hands on my thigh, his touch holding a fervid intensity.

I tried not to make a sound as he parted my thighs with his hand, his fingers brushing over the softness of my skin causing me to shudder.

We were already getting enough attention and I didn't want to make this obvious. He slid his finger under my dress then slowly rubbed my drenched pussy outside my underwear, teasing me. I cleared my throat to prevent the moan about to escape my lips. He'd started a wildfire in me and I didn't want it to end.

"Gio, I heard of the project that you'll be doing down in Calabria. Care to tell me what it is about?" His grandmother asked. I was relieved at this point because I had a feeling that Giovanni's father knew what he was doing.

Knowing that I was hungry for his touch I had to desist from moaning his name.

"Right. The strip club." I couldn't believe the words that just came out of his mouth.

The strip club?

There are better ways to get income. "It's going to be perfect, in one month it'll be done." I almost choked on my wine as I sipped on it. Why didn't he tell me about this, if it'll be done in one month then he has been working on this for months now.

This thing about being left in the dark is frustrating me. They continued to talk about this project which I really didn't want to hear about anymore. I was getting angry every minute which passed.

"Giovanni and Anastasia meet me in my office in five minutes." Valero spitted out as he bid his goodbyes to his wife and the rest of the family.

Why was Maria leaving without Valero and who does he think he is to omit me from meeting him in the office with the others?