42| I feel fucking fine

That night when I got shot I didn't want anyone trying to save me

That night when I got shot I didn't want anyone trying to save me. I've done many things in my life that I shouldn't have done. This was the perfect time to die peacefully leaving everything, everyone behind.

I'd made a terrible mistake by looking back before I reached out to Gio. This gave Carlos' men the chance to shoot at me and guess what? I believed I deserved it. When the bullet punctured my lung, I grasped for air, Gio not realizing when he pulled me into his arms.

Back in the car, tears silently rolled down my cheeks. I felt bad for lying to him but it was for the best. I didn't want to be a burden to him or the mafia business. I'd never make him give it up for me.

If I make it out alive, I'm going to be one of the best assassins and not make any more mistakes like I've done. "I love you." He'd say to me before I died. My heart stopped beating, hearing him say that to me, I'd stop trying to breathe.

I'm sorry my love but here I am alive and well, with tubes attached to my body thinking how I made it. I don't remember anything from after I got shot, nothing at all. It's not like I wanted to know what happened. I looked over at the clock ahead of me seeing it's four in the afternoon.

The IV tubes felt uncomfortable so I yanked it from my arm, I should be fine. I'm awake and should be able to consume solid foods. I left in the breathing tube because I knew where I got shot and most definitely needed it.

I sat up ready to press the call button when the door knob lowered. I jerked up only to see Giovanni with a huge smile plastered across his face. "What are you doing?" He cocked a brow. He looked awful, sleep deprived. Did I cause this?

"Why do you look like that?" I refused his question.

"Like what? I'm fine. How are you?" He paused after each sentence. No he was not fine and I regret not letting him know that I'd been shot. I made him miserable and maybe he deserved it for throwing me out. The other part of me wanted to hold him and make love to him, oh how I missed his touch and kisses. "Are you just going to stare and not answer my question?" He walked over to me. How can I not stare at his perfect body? His black t-shirt reveals every single muscle.

"That was the plan until you rudely interrupted." He'd not stop smiling from the time he entered there. "Why are you so happy?" I groaned.

"You're alive, what is there not to smile about?" I'm waiting for the part when he yells at me for lying to him but he doesn't. "There's stuff to discuss about," His smile fades away. "But first, when you heal." He continued.

I'm not going to sit all week wondering what there is to talk about nor am I staying on this bed for the entire week.

"No, Gio, tell me right now. What is there to talk about? Did something happen?" He'd better open his mouth right this instant and start talking.

"Irina." He slaps his head.

"I'm not hearing any of it, Gonzalez. You better start talking." I hissed. He knew he had to or else I wouldn't speak one word to him for this entire week and he knows he hates it.