6| What fucking Mafia?

I flew off the bed as it was already 4 p

I flew off the bed as it was already 4 p.m. How could I have slept for the whole day again?

I let the water flow on my body when the thought of where Giovanni could be came to mind. I shampooed my hair and hummed to the song 'The city'.

When I got out, I searched for something to wear in the suitcase that was packed for me from the next room, but didn't feel like wearing tank tops so I proceeded to enter his drawers.

Maybe I can find a hoodie in there that fits. I would have stayed in bed with Giovanni's robe but my stomach wouldn't let me. It smelt just like him.

Wearing his clothes wouldn't be a problem right? I asked myself, pulling out a blue material which stuck out. I tossed it out across the room after realizing that it is a lace thong.

What the actual fuck, did I just touch that and whose was it?

Did he invite someone here last night?

Was it his? Of course not.

A swarm of questions crossed my mind. I felt annoyed that he really had another bitch's thong in his drawer.

But why do I feel so annoyed, it's not like I feel attracted to him.

Do I? I really can't fall for this man.

Why am I even thinking of that? I shook my head with a confused look, coming back to my senses putting on the hoodie. It smelt just like the colon he always wore and didn't fit me right.

"Okay Jennifer let's go feed you." I grinned as my stomach rumbled even louder for the third time already.

Before leaving the room, I spotted a pink note across the bedside table. This wasn't there a while ago. I unfolded its edges which revealed written words.

I'm out for the night, Giovanni.

Is he serious? That was it? That was all he said. This SOB. I crumbled the note it in my palm and flew it across the room before exiting.

***

"Good afternoon, Miss Smirnov." I turned to face a beautiful girl who looked to be very young. Her loose blonde curls falling on her back. "Can I help you?" She raises her eyebrows with a soft smile. The sweetest I've seen here so far.

"Good day, I was just fetching something to eat, I'm starving. Please call me Irina." I exaggerated on 'starving', rolling my eyes. A soft chuckle left my lips and so did hers. "What is your name?" I asked as I walked towards the fridge.

"Oh sorry, I'm Olivia." She said as she continued stirring the pot. "I'm making chicken alfredo, would you like some?" She turned the burner off walking to grab some plates. I sat by the table and placed the bottle of water I got from the fridge down.

"Yes, thank you." I uttered with amazement. The dish looked appetizing. "You don't seem to be from here are you?" I asked with a full mouth. The mix of flavors was everything. I've never tasted anything like this before which made a moan escape my lips and Olivia laughed.

"I'm from America, I came here to find work." She sighed, her smile fading away.

Was it the way I ate?

Why would she be in Italy to find work? That is miles away from her home country.

"What's wrong Oli?" I questioned realizing what I just called her. She gave a sad smile quickly wiping a tear that I almost didn't see. I rushed over to her to comfort her.

"My parents kicked me out after they found out I was pregnant. I'm already 19." I'm just one year older than she is. "I had nowhere to go. I got a job at a coffee shop and traveled here for a new beginning. It was very hard for me." She said in between tears.

She's pregnant?

How come I didn't notice? I wiped away her tears and told her everything is going to be okay. Finally I've made a friend. "Sorry, I should clean this up." She sprang up to clear the table. "It wasn't my intention to have this conversation. That's not what I'm here for." She continued, turning the tap on.

"It's okay Olivia, I like you. Maybe we could be friends." I smiled at her. "I'll help you with that, you should sit." I insisted, not wanting a response from her. "How far are you. Do you know the dad?" I asked without thinking. I should have kept my mouth shut. "Oh you don't have to answer, It's not my business." I turned back to the dishes feeling embarrassed.

She chuckled ."It's fine, I'm three months pregnant and the dad was my high school sweetheart. He also left when he found out I was pregnant. I thought he would be there to support me and when he didn't that was the most heartbreaking thing ever." She sighed and I could hear the pain in her voice. I was lost for words and the dishes saved me as I was done.

"You're going to be a great mom and let me know if you need anything." I hugged her with both of us smiling. "You're a great cook by the way." I pinched her nose softly whilst saying so. "Oh and by the way since you work for Giovanni have you seen him?"

"Oh no I haven't?" I raised my eyebrow. "You know I heard he runs the mafia business here. Can you believe it?"

Did I hear right? Giovanni is in the mafia. He is the fucking don. No wonder he has been disappearing occasionally.

"What?" I raised my voice, turning eyes on us. Olivia watched me with an expression which read 'What seems to be the matter'.

I stormed out of the kitchen straight to his office which I knew because he let one of his men into there to drop off some papers two nights ago. It was a surprise his office was not locked.

I searched frantically for anything that could tell me where he was. I opened the laptop on his desk and saw a message from someone named Anastasia, saying that as much as she hates the life that they're in, he should be safe and that she loves him.

Is that his girlfriend, then why did he kidnap me? What the fuck does he need me for.

I had no reason to feel miserable and worried but here I am doing just that. It ached me badly. Just when I started opening up to him.

I think I'm falling for someone involved in the mafia but I can't, I shouldn't.

This is all bad. Stockholm syndrome is something after all.