14| Can't hold it in any longer

The sudden loud bang of thunder awakened me

The sudden loud bang of thunder awakened me. A gush of cold air filled the room, goosebumps finding its way on my skin. The window was wide open revealing the pitch black sky which was lit up by lightning, raining heavily making it impossible to see the stars.

The rain hitting the roof sounded like pebbles falling from the sky instead. I sprang to my feet to shut the window closed. The pain in my leg, shocking me.

How long have I been sleeping and what time is it? I felt miserable and hungry. I needed food but where could the kitchen possibly be?

I wrapped the blanket around my body and headed outside the room.

The house was quiet, for some reason I tiptoed for what felt like hours until I stumbled across a kitchen. I was relieved because my toes hurt. I dashed to the pantry to get me a few snacks, trying to keep quiet.

I sat at the table munching on a few crackers then headed to the refrigerator to get some juice. I poured myself a glass and stared out the window, the rain still pouring heavily.

"What are you doing?" A deep voice with a strong Italian accent asked. The sound of the thunder becoming louder made me jump and the glass came flying out of my hands. I recognized this voice. I wasn't thinking of him, I didn't know why.

"What the fuck Giovanni." I scolded, stooping down to clean up the mess before me. I didn't realize that it had cut my foot. "Look what you caused. You don't sneak up on people like that." I continued. He hurried over to me and tried to pull me up.

"Princess, you're hurt. I'll get someone to clean this up." He said, trying to pull me up again. This time I yanked my arm out of his hold. I was frustrated. My anger poured out. I didn't have the chance to ask the question why.

Why would you kiss her?

"Right, I'm fucking hurt because of you." I shouted, trying to hide the hurt in my voice. I couldn't understand why now. Earlier today I wanted him to hold me. Tell me that everything is okay and believe that what happened at the club did not happen at all, but it did. I can't just forget about it.

"Don't think that I forgot about the blonde bitch you had straddling your fucking lap and shoving her fucking tongue down your throat. Who is she? Huh." I questioned.

"Irina, please calm down, it's one in the morning. We can continue this conversation later today." He said. I didn't care that it was one in the morning. It's just us and he's going to explain right now. I have enough time.

"The blue lace thong in your drawer, was it hers too?" I asked, ignoring what he said earlier because that's not what I wanted to hear. He slapped his face and I stared.

"Irin-"

"Giovanni, you better open that mouth of yours to tell me something I want to hear." I hissed.

"Yes, it was hers, baby but it was there before you came." He continued and I stared at him allowing him to explain further. Why would he keep it? "At the club, I drank way too much and she came to me. She seduced me and led me to a room. I was so lost I thought that she was you until you barged in and I came to my senses. I'm sorry baby." He sighed.