46| I am Mrs Gonzalez

"Are you ready to go?" I turned to my left to see Valero smiling at me

"Are you ready to go?" I turned to my left to see Valero smiling at me. The day is finally here. I'd appreciate it if someone told me I'd cry before walking down the aisle. The entire month I felt excited not once was I emotional. The man who hated me had apologized. He'd come to accept me for his son and finally saw potential in me. Someone to rule besides his son, carrying family tradition. Life is too short to have grudges against people.

Everyone already waited, Riccardo as the photographer, who would have thought?

"I think I'm ready." Valero took his handkerchief and dabbed my tears before my makeup got ruined. Elena had done a wonderful job. "Are you girls ready?" I smiled looking to my sides, seeing Isabella and Abigail with their baskets filled with red rose petals.

"Yes, Nina." Isabella responded. I turned forward and Valero walked me down. This was not a chapel but a museum. A huge spacious area for our family. I'd been living a lie with no one I could really trust but this all changed when Giovanni brought me into his life.

Everyone turned backwards when the organist started playing the organ. My heart pounded against my chest, tears began flowing down my face again when I saw Giovanni looking ever so handsome in his black suit. I stood before him wondering how my life came to this. I wouldn't trade it for anyone else.

He removed my veil, a tear escaping his eyes. I've never seen Gio cry and this warmed my heart. After exchanging vows, an emotional speech we'd both written ourselves, he slipped in a beautiful black ring embedded with red diamonds with a huge red emerald cut one at the top. I gasped at the sight. His was just similar, only missing the emerald cut diamond.

"You may now kiss the bride." The priest announced and he pulled me in like he longed for this kiss after not seeing me for the entire day. The crowd started cheering, red and black roses flying in the air. Rosa ran over to us with her beautiful red bride dress on, matching mine. She handed me a rose and kissed the back of my fingers like the princess she is. I sent the bouquet of flowers over my head and Valentina caught it. Her cheeks turned a tint of red and Alejandro stood there smiling.

"Congratulations, Mrs. Gonzalez." Maria tapped my shoulder, a huge smile on her face. I hugged her tightly, wiping a tear that fell from her eye. "You look beautiful." She kissed my cheek.

"Thank you and so do you." She went to hug her son. We greeted the guest then headed home to where the party was thrown. Everything was perfect, exactly how we planned it. This felt like a princess' dream.

We all made it back to the house as night time was approaching. Everyone was having fun, laughing, talking to each other. "Baby, I'm going to change into my after-dress." I kissed his lips.

"I'm coming with you. They can wait." He winked at me, followed by a serious expression.

"Gonzalez, that can wait." I slapped his hands that were snaking around my ass. "I'll be back." He scoffed and sipped his champagne. I walked up the staircase, down the hall to our room. My feet were killing me from these stilettos.